I lawl'd

Dweezel

Found this reading an obviously praisfull article on czar Obamas perfect healthcare plan to save the world, the faith and reason blog. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/religion/index

maybe it's just me but I always assumed 'faith' and 'reason' were mutualy exclusive... You have 'faith' because you believe it blindly without reason correct? From Wiki; 'As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes, and is used conversely for a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence.'

so how is this crap logical?

personally, I feel faith and reason are at odds....

faith is taking whatever basis your faith is planted in, and repeating it, living your life by it, and not questioning it...

reason requires that you look critically at things and decide if they make sense...

this being said...that article had little to do with Obama's health care plan, and more to do with the cost vs value of life...

if it cost my family 54,000 to keep me alive for 6 months, I'd say screw it, and take my bike for a top speed ride (6th gear, bouncing off the rev limiter) into a freeway overpass...c-ya

if it cost my insurance 54,000 to keep me alive for 6 months, screw them, I paid my premiums, they can pay up...

Edited by magley64

I'm confused. The article talks about 'rationing', as in...rationing out the last meal when you are marooned on an island. Dweezel, you're talking about 'reasoning' and in the 'rationale' behind something.

Two totally different things.

I'm confused. The article talks about 'rationing', as in...rationing out the last meal when you are marooned on an island. Dweezel, you're talking about 'reasoning' and in the 'rationale' behind something.

Two totally different things.

look at the top of the page... it's on the "faith and reason" page