Mladin's Done?

Todd#43

He told him he was going to kick his ass and punch him in the nose for saying the track was safe.
Matt's Twitter message

"So Topeka today! 170mph turn 1 and you can hit the concrete with your shoulder, which leads to turn 2 head on into concrete which leads to"

IF the first statement is true, based on the second statement I'd say the first statement was appropriate.

If you've been to HPT you'll know that statement #2 above is pretty accurate. Hell, if you listened to any of the other comments you could bank on that too.

Its a tough thing when the riders won't stick together on something like this. I remember when it happened a few years ago during a WERA National at Nelson. Bad stuff all around - the riders that left looked like asses to everyone that stayed, and the riders that stayed looked like asses to the ones that left.

Nobody wins in that situation.

I need to get a onborad lap view of the track cause from the SPeed cameras I couldn't see any dangerous spots. Just need to see it from rider persepective.

Dude, you cant possibly expect to see in an onboard video what the issues are. You've been on a track before, you know that you cant always SEE the issues from that perspective.

What a lot of these car guys forget is the after crash dynamics are totally opposite for a motorcycle when compared to a car. Tracks don't seem to take that into account.

For the record:

Turn one has a concrete wall close enough that you could rub your shoulder on it. Not too comfy at 160 plus on the big bikes.

Turn 2 has an END of a concrete barrier exposed to the rider in the crash zone.

They moved some of the concrete barriers, only to leave a 10 foot deep drainage ditch at the end of any runoff area.

Hey, if Pergam thinks its safe, good for him. I happen to think he saw a chance to do well with some other riders out of the picture and took it.

Kudos to the riders that had the balls to stand up to the AMA/DMG/RE bullshit and walk.

The guys that said it was "sketchy" but raced anyway? What a bunch of pussies.

Dude, you cant possibly expect to see in an onboard video what the issues are. You've been on a track before, you know that you cant always SEE the issues from that perspective.

What a lot of these car guys forget is the after crash dynamics are totally opposite for a motorcycle when compared to a car. Tracks don't seem to take that into account.

For the record:

Turn one has a concrete wall close enough that you could rub your shoulder on it. Not too comfy at 160 plus on the big bikes.

They moved some of the concrete barriers, only to leave a 10 foot deep drainage ditch at the end of any runoff area.

Hey, if Pergam thinks its safe, good for him. I happen to think he saw a chance to do well with some other riders out of the picture and took it.

Kudos to the riders that had the balls to stand up to the AMA/DMG/RE bullshit and walk.

If the walls are that close you will be able to see them on a on board. The Speed Channel feed had angles where you couldn't even see much of T1 and T2 from the bit I watched of it, or couldn't tell how close the walls were. If the walls are as close as they say then I agree with you, Matt, and the others who walked out. I am just reserving judgement till I can see the track from a riders perspective.

For the record:

Man....Matt is a whiney little baby. Larry kicked ass. I think he would have kicked Matt's ass that day had he raced.

Man....Matt is a whiney little baby. Larry kicked ass. I think he would have kicked Matt's ass that day had he raced.

Yeah....go with that. Second race the worm barely beat Tommy Hayden - and he hasn't done anything all year.

Please, get a clue.

If the walls are that close you will be able to see them on a on board. The Speed Channel feed had angles where you couldn't even see much of T1 and T2 from the bit I watched of it, or couldn't tell how close the walls were. If the walls are as close as they say then I agree with you, Matt, and the others who walked out. I am just reserving judgement till I can see the track from a riders perspective.

Chris, onboard isn't going to give the true perspective. Think about runoff or lack thereof. The idea is that yes, they moved walls or tried to make things safer. Cool on the track. BUT, the AMA should have never gone to a track such as what Topeka was. They should have never signed off on allowing that track in the firt place.

If you saw Herrin and another guy run off in the area with the ditch, you'd have seen that the ditch wasn't safe at all. Better than concrete, but that's like saying bullets won't kill you as bad as a grenade...

The idea is simple. ANY new track brought on to the series needs to be set at a high standard. Meaning, there are tracks that aren't the best. However, they make efforts to try each year to better the facility in the safety aspect. Mid-Ohio moving walls, Road Atlanta changing the track layout, etc. They are existing tracks making changes to STAY on the curcuit.

Now, allowing a shit hole track to be NEW to the series (ok, they used to be on the series, but were dropped...) should be safer than most. Barber, Miller, etc...

There's no excuse and what Pegram stated about MM is total crap. He knows that he stood a better chance than had MM been there. Of course, his ex WSBK machine somehow makes the grade to race the series, but that's another story... Point is that some guys have balls and stand up for EVERYONE'S safety. Not just because they are having a tough qualifying session, etc.

I think what Hacking and MM did took balls. I think them being worried about the other riders and hoping the others followed suit was noble and the right thing to do. If the guy running in 21st did it, think it would have mattered? The point leader doing it is impactful and raises concerns. Or should have...

I think when MM comes back, there's going to be less trying on his part. He'll do enough to wrap it up and then he may just cruise around. Who knows. Why bother if the result is nothing? He's tried and tried. Someone could have gotten killed and THEN he would have been looked at as a righteous man. Happily, nobody did and that's great.

Do you think the walls would have been moved had he and Hacking stayed and said nothing???

Riiiiiight... MM's a little baby, a whiner. Oh yeah, how may time series champ and ex MotoGP rider? How many does Pegram have? Larry's a fun guy and pretty cool. But to say or even think he's on par with the likes of MM is like saying he's as good as Spies. Who is the only guy to really challenge Spies? Hmmmmm....

Chris, onboard isn't going to give the true perspective. Think about runoff or lack thereof. The idea is that yes, they moved walls or tried to make things safer. Cool on the track. BUT, the AMA should have never gone to a track such as what Topeka was. They should have never signed off on allowing that track in the firt place.

If you saw Herrin and another guy run off in the area with the ditch, you'd have seen that the ditch wasn't safe at all. Better than concrete, but that's like saying bullets won't kill you as bad as a grenade...

The idea is simple. ANY new track brought on to the series needs to be set at a high standard. Meaning, there are tracks that aren't the best. However, they make efforts to try each year to better the facility in the safety aspect. Mid-Ohio moving walls, Road Atlanta changing the track layout, etc. They are existing tracks making changes to STAY on the curcuit.

Now, allowing a shit hole track to be NEW to the series (ok, they used to be on the series, but were dropped...) should be safer than most. Barber, Miller, etc...

There's no excuse and what Pegram stated about MM is total crap. He knows that he stood a better chance than had MM been there. Of course, his ex WSBK machine somehow makes the grade to race the series, but that's another story... Point is that some guys have balls and stand up for EVERYONE'S safety. Not just because they are having a tough qualifying session, etc.

I think what Hacking and MM did took balls. I think them being worried about the other riders and hoping the others followed suit was noble and the right thing to do. If the guy running in 21st did it, think it would have mattered? The point leader doing it is impactful and raises concerns. Or should have...

I think when MM comes back, there's going to be less trying on his part. He'll do enough to wrap it up and then he may just cruise around. Who knows. Why bother if the result is nothing? He's tried and tried. Someone could have gotten killed and THEN he would have been looked at as a righteous man. Happily, nobody did and that's great.

Do you think the walls would have been moved had he and Hacking stayed and said nothing???

I didn't get to watch much of the races, and by what Todd is saying there are walls close enough to touch when on the track in a corner, and you can't see that from the Speed channel feeds so the public don't get to see it, and that is something I think it is something Speed may have done on purpose.

I know you won't get the true nature of run off from video (Heck Nelson ledges doesn't look as bad as it is from on board) but I still think on board will give a better idea of wall placement then the Speed Channel feed.

and you can't see that from the Speed channel feeds so the public don't get to see it, and that is something I think it is something Speed may have done on purpose.

I know you won't get the true nature of run off from video (Heck Nelson ledges doesn't look as bad as it is from on board) but I still think on board will give a better idea of wall placement then the Speed Channel feed.

Dude, from an onboard view you see where the bike is pointing - not where it would end up. All of the "off track" problems aren't going to be seen.