Michelin Pilot Power

magifesq

A friend who had a SV 1K only got something like 4K out of his PP. It's a sticky, soft compound tire and is going to wear out faster than say a sport touring type tire or a multi compound tire. I've been told the grip on the PP's is great but they don't last very long.

How many miles did it take before you killed it? Is it just the center that wore out or all the way around?

I got around 3-4k on 2CT's, mostly commuting to work with the occasional jaunt through the country. I liked them...but my new love is the BT016. I just took a rear off that went 5400 miles. Just as sticky as the 2CT's and had better wear.

Worst I've had was Dunflop 207 - Cords at 2,600

Best I've had was Conti Road Attack- 5,200

The Conti had more grip too.

I have been real happy with my Road Attacks. I think I got about 8k out of my last rear. No joke.

2 track days,for me.i can supplie you with the tires i wear them on sides and you can use the middle.

I'll take you up on that - I have a take-off in the front, another take-off for the rear (on my VFR tire) the PP I've cornered all the way out on so grip is good, looks like I was right they do wear out quickly. I can always use spares with all my projects.