Tankslappers FTL!!

warpspeed

Glad you're ok bro, that pic of your knee made my stomach all funny. Excessive tire pressure causes a lack of feeling and grip in my experience. I would check the sidewall for recommended pressure. That was probably a big factor in the wreck, but who knows.

Heal up quick and get that Trumpet back to it's former glory!

glad you're ok man.

i'd say that there is a possibility that the pressure might have been a little too high and that caused some problem. you said it had a leak but it was at 34psi after you rode 10 miles prior to the wreck. so how much did you put in it before you started riding?

back tire said 42psi...I put that much in when I left my house, and rode about 20 miles with a passenger, then dropped her off, by then it had 36 psi, rode another 10, wrecked, rode 10 back and checked it and it was 34. My bad on saying I had low pressure I's a bit mixed up yesterday. Too high pressure didn't help anything.

Just for the record' date=' do you concur that applying throttle during a tank slap is the correct remedy? I remember a certain scooter rider giving me guff for defending that position a while back.[/quote']

It worked for me....as soon as I goosed it, the bars stopped swinging around....if that damn driveway hadn't been there I'd be fine.

You and your bike look real nice man. No...really. Sorry to hear. Heal up soon, get the bike fixed and get back out there!
ooooh, that looks painful. Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you (and the bike) heal up soon!

Thanks guys....2-3 weeks on me and then not sure how long its gonna take to get the parts together for the bike. I'm now bored to death in bed, knee is really swollen/bruised....gonna subscribe to netflix hopefully that will help pass the time. :violin:

I've already said my comments via text, so now I will ask...

Are you keeping the new shorts you made? Those are soooo in right now. :)

heck yea man those are the sweetest shorts evar!!! :lol: made from one of my favorite pair of jeans that fit just right too :(

glad you're ok and had most of your gear on. You may want to invest in some leg armor to wear under your jeans in the future. I have the Icon leg armor and think they're quite comfortable for those days you just don't feel like getting completely suited up.

showImage.jsp?class_id=7892&image_type=fullsize&rank=100

Shitty.... Sorry to see your beauty in such a condition. If that happened to mine I would probably throw a blanket over it and put it in the corner of the garage where I don't have to see it. But if you decide not to fix her up, I know where you can get a black 07...lol. Get well soon

glad you and the bike are fine for the most part. What part of Hueston woods were you in?

I was on the way there...near 35/eaton.

Nick, they were worried that the wound was around the bottom edge of my kneecap, and if it was I'd have to go into surgery to get it cleaned out. What they did was stick the needle under my kneecap and inject saline in to see if it squirted out the wound. Luckily it didn't :) felt like my leg was gonna explode :(

Tgrose I'll trade ya :D :D :D

And that Knee armor looks dang nice I'll be getting some.

Didn't do much walking today, just to the bathroom. I havn't been downstairs since I got home from the hospital sunday :mad:

I noticed some comments about the Saline injections with the :eek: emotion after it.

What are they about and for? Does the fluid hurt or something? I know nothing about it, so educate me please. :)

I have a thing about needles, they freak me out, just hate em'. :eek:

I can't even watch other people get a shot with out a little cringe. :eek:

Going to the Dentist...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!

And those medical shows on TV? Yea, hate that too.

There is a good reason I'm not in the medical field.