Fischer MRX - American Made

Cypress

if it had a good powerplant, then not bad. 70 some horsepower....eek! ducati was running 80 horspower on a 750 back in the 70's. Its a sportbike...beef up the motor.

you just don't get it.

it's not about being able to do 150+

$8k for a 650 twin with Ohlins isn't too bad. I'll bet it would be a handy tool for class racing & corner carving. But they do need to get an updated FI system.

Edit:

not really clear, but maybe it has FI.

Fuel ManagementDual Mikuni 39mmIgnitionComputer-controlled digital with variable mapping

Edited by Tpoppa

you just don't get it.

Their direct competition has them beat in every way.

Who's their direct competition?

SV650 and Ninja 650

All three make similar power and have similar abilities on track. Some of the BEST racing in the world takes place on twins.

This bike is not intended to be in the middle of the supersport pissing match. That game is ridiculous and those bikes are overkill for 90% of street riders. The MRX is not meant to compete against gixxers, ninjas or cbrs. It's meant to be a bike with an extremely competent chassis and a motor that does everything well- superlegal speeds notwithstanding.

$8k for a 650 twin with Ohlins isn't too bad. I'll bet it would be a handy tool for class racing & corner carving. But they do need to get an updated FI system.

Edit:

not really clear, but maybe it has FI.

Fuel ManagementDual Mikuni 39mmIgnitionComputer-controlled digital with variable mapping

I only know that Mikuni made the carbs in my Suzuki.

And Hyosung gets their motors from where? Last time I checked (which wasn't that recently) they wouldn't give up their source. I don't think the motor is Hyosung's issue, it's finish. This thing is good looking, it needs to get some visibility in a 650ish twin series. I'd rock it if I was looking for a first bike.