Fatality Near Smoky Row(Cols)

Artmageddon

I pulled in to my driveway and my neighbor told there was a motorcycle accident near Queensbridge and Smoky Row, a few blocks from my house.

No concrete facts, except that it was black and yellow sportbike, male in his 30's.

I guess he was speeding(around double the posted limit), hit a truck, and the bike flipped up and landed on him, not sure what caused the fatal wounds.

This is hearsay, like I said, no concrete facts.

Anyone have any more info? Is this someone anyone knows? I think channel 10 was there, we may find out more info later.

Best wishes to his family.

Another neighbor just told me that he heard had been drinking, riding wheelies down the street.

Hit a parked car.

It happened on a residential street, 25 mph. Lot's of kids in this neighborhood. Stupid.

They showed the bike on the news, not one I've ever seen around.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/08/05/fatal06.html?sid=101

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:56 PM

By Jim Woods

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

One person is dead after a car and motorcycle collided tonight on a residential street on the Northwest Side, Columbus police said. The crash occurred about 7:30 p.m. on Queensbridge Drive, just off Smoky Row Road.

One person was taken to Riverside Methodist Hospital and pronounced dead at 8:08 p.m.

Police released no other details.

Just heard about this, was wondering what happened.

Artmageddon, you east or west of smoky row? I live down the road on bride water.

west, right off of queensbridge/maybrook. I know where Bridewater is, about two minutes away. We'll have to meet sometime to go a bike night or something.

Helmet?

RIP

No Helmet.

My neighbor walked down there right after it happened. I guess he was doing about 50 in 25, had been drinking, doing wheelies. Lost control, hit a parked truck. The bike flew into the air and landed on top of him. I guess he was lying there before EMS arrived, and some other folks removed the bike and he passed. They were questioning the folk who removed the bike, and paramedics told them had they left it, they may have been able to save him.

Squidliness all around.

Now this is all second hand info, take it for what its worth.

I think it its pretty shitty of paramedics to try and put some of the blame on people trying to help him by moving the bike off of him. If the guy was being a douche, there is no one to blame but himself. . Did he deserve to die? No, but trying to help him was the right thing to do in my opinion.

I told my neighbor if he ever sees me wrecked with my bike lying on top of me, fucking move it.

No Helmet.

My neighbor walked down there right after it happened. I guess he was doing about 50 in 25, had been drinking, doing wheelies. Lost control, hit a parked truck. The bike flew into the air and landed on top of him. I guess he was lying there before EMS arrived, and some other folks removed the bike and he passed. They were questioning the folk who removed the bike, and paramedics told them had they left it, they may have been able to save him.

Squidliness all around.

Now this is all second hand info, take it for what its worth.

I think it its pretty shitty of paramedics to try and put some of the blame on people trying to help him by moving the bike off of him. If the guy was being a douche, there is no one to blame but himself. . Did he deserve to die? No, but trying to help him was the right thing to do in my opinion.

I told my neighbor if he ever sees me wrecked with my bike lying on top of me, fucking move it.

That's pretty fucked up of the paramedics if true.

I agree 100%. If any of you see me wrecked, and my bike is on top of me, move the fucking thing off me.

The paramedics say that, because the object in a wound often blocks or prevents rapid bleeding. Leaving an object in a wound will slow the bleeding. It is standard practice. To the extent that an object in a deep wound may be cut off and transported with the patient. If the object is removed, measures must be taken quickly to prevent possible excessive bleeding, or to stabilize blood mass by administering plasma or whole blood. It is also possible to cause greater damage when removing an object from a wound.

The key is to stabilize the patient. Adequate respiration and pulse, conscious if possible, and no threat of further injuries occurring. If that was not the case, then the motorcycle should have been moved. imao

The paramedics say that, because the object in a wound often blocks or prevents rapid bleeding. Leaving an object in a wound will slow the bleeding. It is standard practice. To the extent that an object in a deep wound may be cut off and transported with the patient. If the object is removed, measures must be taken quickly to prevent possible excessive bleeding, or to stabilize blood mass by administering plasma or whole blood. It is also possible to cause greater damage when removing an object from a wound.

The key is to stabilize the patient. Adequate respiration and pulse, conscious if possible, and no threat of further injuries occurring. If that was not the case, then the motorcycle should have been moved. imao

I would have to think that a motorcycle on top of you might make it a wee bit difficult to get your breath.

Perhaps not medically true in this case but I'm sure it was on the minds of the neighbors when they moved the bike.

Even so, perhaps the EMT's didn't have to reveal that little fact as it was moot at that point.

No winners at this one.

+1