Re-wiring Entire Electrical System

AfroCBR

Hello all,

I will make this as brief as possible.....so I recently bought an 05' rr (5 months ago) and have had various problems with it ranging from engine problems (low compression in all 4 cylinders) and putting $3,500 to get a whole new engine case....to multiple electrical problems. These electrical problems seem to keep popping up when I least expect them (well i guess you don't really expect for these things to happen). Apparently the guy before me did a terrible job wiring stuff because there are wires hanging out all over the place. He has it so that I cannot switch my headlights from low to high....and it is always on high. This isn't that much of a problem but rather more annoying. Most recently the bike woundn't start because some ground wires got loose. A few months back I had a licensed Honda mechanic in Columbus (Northeast Honda I believe) check out my bike and he said that "there shouldn't be all these wires going all over the place, they should be tucked in."

To be plain and simple, I wondered what you guys think about at the end of this season, or possibly even now, bringing my bike to a certified Honda place and telling them to re-wire the entire bike. I would assume that this could take quite a bit of time, but it would relieve my headaches. Additionally, it would make me less anxious everytime I go to turn on my bike and pray that it starts. I was wondering on whether or not you guys think this is a good solution and how much you think a procedure like this would cost....thx again and I apologize for being long winded!director.gif

just buy a new wire harness and plug all the clips in! It will be less than $100 and is fairly simple!

That sound relatively simple.....let's say that I am not mechanically inclined...would it be best for me to buy the harness and then have them install it?

Did you ever fix your chain and sprockets from dyno day?

wow...you remembered that...i was going to say something but didnt kno if you remembered....+1 for your good memory!.....indeed i did fix it...in fact Dustin on this site did it for me....great guy.....i was nervous as hell going home...but it all worked out....also sorry to hear about your crash my man....hope you're doing well!:D

wow...you remembered that...i was going to say something but didnt kno if you remembered....+1 for your good memory!.....indeed i did fix it...in fact Dustin on this site did it for me....great guy.....i was nervous as hell going home...but it all worked out....also sorry to hear about your crash my man....hope you're doing well!:D

Cool Dustin is a good guy. Talk to him about this and see what he thinks, I'm sure he can hook you up.

I think I saw you pulling into UDF on Woodman today.....About 6'ish.

that's right....it was me!!! Damn....didn't wanna say hi!?!? What's your number bro.....we gotta ride so I can beat you this time....i need another chance..lol