beggars

shittygsxr

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave a guy a quarter not too long ago, to help him with bus fare. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the crazy one for getting up five days a week for work, only to have a chunk of what I make taken from me by Uncle Sam to pay a welfare cunt so she can push out another baby. Oh yeah, it's that pesky little thing called "dignity".

There are many stories about him. He did use to have a job, he likes being a bum. Ive heard he lives pretty good...

Here is one story....

True True...

I guess he has been there a long time.

EXACTLY! Sure they're not all glamorous jobs, but there are plenty of jobs out there. I get pissed when some lazy ass bum asks for what I have worked hard to earn. If they have a disability, they can still get a job. If they're a druggie, then that's their problem and I'm not paying to support their habit. I have zero sympathy for bums.

Agreed. That's why I won't give any of my hard earned money to a bum. Lived on campus too long and worked too many years downtown. The bums I see downing a 40 on the side of the street are the same ones asking for money. I'd rather donate to a charitable cause or give clothes to GoodWill.

It is a case by case thing for me. I depends also how I am asked and what kind of mood I am in.

+1 I see them all the time, I work downtown also. I give them soemthing more often than not, but I don't like it when the Y kicks everyone out and you get like 10 of them asking for change.

...Long story short I had a brain fart and one of em made off with my wallet....

If you work where you encounter them on a regular basis and you feel that you must give them something, keep loose change in your pocket at all times for just this reason. Don't ever, ever, ever, ever open your wallet or purse to give them something, that may be that last time you see your purse or wallet!

Here's something to read on the subject, if you're bored...

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/people/how-to-get-rid-of-a-panhandler/

If you work where you encounter them on a regular basis and you feel that you must give them something' date=' keep loose change in your pocket at all times for just this reason. Don't ever, ever, ever, ever open your wallet or purse to give them something, that may be that last time you see your purse or wallet!

Here's something to read on the subject, if you're bored...

[url']http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/people/how-to-get-rid-of-a-panhandler/

Yeah I think he already figured that one out. ;) but the rest of you guys take this advice

Oddly enough, I had one approach me after lunch the other day.

He said to me..."easy man, this old black man means you no harm"

I said, "ok"

He said..."seriously, I've got a pacemaker and everything"

I said..."I've got a fucking gun"

He didn't say anything else.

Usually I just say I don't have any money. Today was a special day though. Just had a dumb ass bitch pull right out in front of me on rt 40 and had the old heart rate going 160BPM. Pulled into the speedway on 42 and got a pack of smokes, pulled next to the station and light up. Guy in a beat up van with his kid and wife rips into the lot, drops the wife at the front door pulls back around the station into a spot right in front of me. Gets out with fat little kid (licking himself like a puppy dog) and asks if he can have a smoke. I'm half done and still angry at every dumb ass on four wheels with no driving skills. With the helmet flipped up, gear on, I turned the key started the bike and flipped the rest of the cig towards him and said "sure". Followed by a wheelie out of the grass into the truck lot and off I went to find the next ass wipe changing lanes while chatting on the phone.:rolleyes:

Dads' favorite line, "Never a lender nor a borrower be". God rest his soul.:)

I gave a guy a quarter not too long ago, to help him with bus fare. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the crazy one for getting up five days a week for work, only to have a chunk of what I make taken from me by Uncle Sam to pay a welfare cunt so she can push out another baby. Oh yeah, it's that pesky little thing called "dignity".

See, you give to bums regularly and just didn't realize it!

if they beg, saying they need $ for food, I offer to buy them food...they ALWAYS refuse...gee I wonder why. One time though, a bum asked me for 5 dollars so he could get something to eat, I told him to stay put and I went to mcdonalds and got him a dbl quarter pounder meal... he was grateful... thats all I'll ever do for a bum is offer to get them a bit to eat. If they refuse, they are looking for drug money.

If you work where you encounter them on a regular basis and you feel that you must give them something' date=' keep loose change in your pocket at all times for just this reason. Don't ever, ever, ever, ever open your wallet or purse to give them something, that may be that last time you see your purse or wallet![/quote']

No kidding. I blame it partly on lack of experience, my nature is too trusting, and that I've seen this guy before. He's hit me up before after a service. I like how he said "God Bless" and then stole from a preacher. The irony of that one hit me immediately. :rolleyes: