Dryer Tech????

unc7237

Our dryer just stopped heating yesterday. It is only 4 years old....Anyone here in Cbus know anything about em? I think it is the thermostat or heating coil????? If anyone knows anything about dryers and can stop by & check it out we would order the proper part & reward you with food & beverages or cash to install the part. It is a:

Whirlpool

Type D433-ELE-2406028-FM54

Mod LER4634PQ0

Ser MS1790117

Everthing functions...aka the timer...it spins...it is just not drying the clothes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave & Melanie

Actually check out repairclinic.com

they have a diagnosis page that has helped me out alot. Then they sell you the needed parts for alot cheaper than repairmen do. I've fixed a fridge and a over the stove microwave.

On the fridge it cost me about $27 to fix. My boss has the exact same unit, had a repairman do it cost him $200.

Also a $12 part from them saved me from buying a new one.

The site has installation instructions too.

Good Luck

Edited by jagr
More info

There's not much to electric dryers. Just man up, pull it out and take the back off. You'll see some duct work that goes from the heating element into the drum. Just take this off and then pull the heating element to see if the coil is broken somewhere. Also in the duct work you should find a temperature sensor which could also be bad. Get yourself a meter and check it.

I'll see if I can dig up a diagram for you as well....hang tight while I do some searching. Also, the parts are fairly in expensive....heating element is only $50.

Have you checked the breaker for the dryer in the service panel? I'd check that first.

yeah i did, flipped it on and off and back on and nothing. i had to swap out the dryer power cord when we got it cause it had the old style plug and our apt has the newer style outlet. checked and all the connections were still solid.

yeah i did, flipped it on and off and back on and nothing. i had to swap out the dryer power cord when we got it cause it had the old style plug and our apt has the newer style outlet. checked and all the connections were still solid.

could be the door switch...

Thanks everybody for your input. Going to Dayco on Weber in da AM. After takin out all the differant bits...I would guess it is the thermostat or fuse. Heating coil is intact. Thanks again for all ya'lls help. Dave

how would i find that out?

there should be a microswitch which is activated by the door. i have an older dryer and it is located along the top edge so when the door is closed the switch closes the circuit and allows the dryer to start. mine is accessable so i can press it with my finger, but i have seen others that are recessed and would require using a pen or small screwdriver. once you are able to press the switch the dry should start. it should be pretty easy to find...