Painting my '07 ZX-6R

tgscooter

I purchased a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R this past May.

I bought it off a kid that bought it with 7 miles on it.

Then, he put 1,105 miles on it. I should also mention he dropped the bike on both sides while standing still...

I lowered it 2.5" front and 3" rear. Relocated the plate, and deleted the rear fender. I also shaved the seat about an inch to bring the rider(Me) closer to the ground.

On a hot day I'm 5'7", but I stood flat footed after dropping only the rear 3" and not touching the front height. So, lowering the front and shaving the seat were more than what I needed, but I love the lowered look.

TO THE POINT:

I've decided to paint my bike, WHITE. I think it will look pretty sweet when complimented with the red wheels and forks.

Here's a rough design, I did it on Paint.

Love the paint, I even like the Kanji on the side (don't know what it says though).

Have to say it. . . if you're worried about sitting flat footed on the bike you might want to look at another style. If you can tiptoe on even one foot then you're good. Lowering a bike messes with the handling A LOT. You might not notice it if you're just starting out, and that's usually when people worry about touching flat footed. Anyway, my $.02. /end rant.

I purchased a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R this past May.

I bought it off a kid that bought it with 7 miles on it.

Then, he put 1,105 miles on it. I should also mention he dropped the bike on both sides while standing still...

I lowered it 2.5" front and 3" rear. Relocated the plate, and deleted the rear fender. I also shaved the seat about an inch to bring the rider(Me) closer to the ground.

On a hot day I'm 5'7", but I stood flat footed after dropping only the rear 3" and not touching the front height. So, lowering the front and shaving the seat were more than what I needed, but I love the lowered look.

TO THE POINT:

I've decided to paint my bike, WHITE. I think it will look pretty sweet when complimented with the red wheels and forks.

Here's a rough design, I did it on Paint.

I guarantee you'll hate the NINJA tag after two months and paint over it.

I think the kanji symbol would look better ghosted gray on there instead of being bright red. A gray 35% tint in that same area would look way better and cleaner in the long run imho.

Of course it's your bike.

Sorry, Ive been busy painting!

Thanks for the replies

While I was I away, I made some last minute changes....

I decided pearl white instead of gloss white. Also I didn't do the black on the lower fairing.

As for the graphics, time will tell. I doubt Ill put ninja back on it. Still considering the kanji logo, I also think the logo will look better in a black or grey instead of red.

BTW, The character is Japanese Kanji for "Rabbit"

I named my bike "Rakki-Usagi" which is japanese for "Lucky Rabbit" I only hope the name holds true...

NIce.... you also beat me to my two cents. The pearl white will make a difference and beats plain white any day. I do have to agreea and would go with just the kenji.... but you could do the ninja in the ghost so it wouldn't stand out so much. looks good from what I can see.....................

Im very pleased with it. I'll be at QS&L tomorrow as long as the weather is decent. Probably about 6.

As far as the graphics, I originally thought about doing them in reflective red. It would give them some "pop"

Its really up in the air. It probably won't happen till winter, so most wouldn't see it till next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this in person and I thought it was awesome. I am not a big fan of lowering a bike. I am also the same height as you but when on a stock height I had no problem. I like to tip toe on the bike and I'm not afraid of dropping it.