Mohican Camping

Strictly Street

Weekend ride and camp.

Hooked up with some people from RideOhio.org for a weekend of camping and riding.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6644&thumb=1

Here is a pic of the KZ loaded and ready to go.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6641&thumb=1

Rode from C-bus with a girl from RideOhio to Utica where we meet her parents who rode with us the rest of the way.

Here is the bikes in Utica gearing up to hit the campsite.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6640&thumb=1

After a couple of wrong turns and an extra 60 miles or so we made it to the camp ground.

The ride up, aside from getting lost, was uneventful.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6633&thumb=1

As I'm sure you have noticed from the pics the 1972 CB 350 which I have to admit surprised me by keeping up to the speed limit at the least and even going a bit faster a time or two.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6643&thumb=1

There were a couple of unexpected road hazards... Ahem, gives new meaning to the term "Depth Charges"

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6632&thumb=1

Saturday we went for a 150 mile ride through the area. Most of the time we were within 10-20 miles of Cochocton. It is possible that we saw some of the OR guys doing their Beginners Saturday ride along the way.

Hard to tell as there were bikes everywhere!

About 40 bikes went on the ride Saturday. We were strung out for a mile or two down the highway.

Sadly camera batteries didn't last as long as the ride.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6636&thumb=1

Video by saralynn518 on http://www.rideohio.org/showthread.php?t=7152.

(The one with the 72 CB350)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUXMSCCicj0&feature=player_embedded

watch?v=MUXMSCCicj0&feature=player_embedded

Website of more videos is here:

http://tanked09.weebly.com/

Heat exhaustion seemed to play a part in the afternoon, it was real hot out there. Every stop I was drinking large amounts of water but even so I stopped sweating at one point and knew I needed a lot more water soon.

We stopped for ice cream where I inhaled a quart of water and a yummy Vanilla shake and then headed back to camp.

Along the way a small town had its stop light synced so we got split up into little groups of 6 to 10 bikes. So we straggled back in little groups.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6649&thumb=1

That night someone brought some of the worst Tequila in the known universe to camp. We feared it would cause damage to the planet and decided to drink it to save the world. The worm was going to conquer the planet! +1 for a green attitude and saving the planet!

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6639&thumb=1

Here is a group pic of their crew at the site.

picture.php?albumid=635&pictureid=6645&thumb=1

I rode back to C-bus with the girl on the CB 350. Made good time even though we stopped for lunch it as a nice little cruise. Until the bee flew up her sleeve and stung her. Talk about wild hand signals! Even the cars behind us slowed down! A quick stop with the first aid kit and we were on our way again.

Got home, drank several gallons of water and crashed for the night. The Sun sure does wear you out.

Edited by Strictly Street
Added Sara's vieo

It was a good day and a good ride. Sorry I didn't introduce myself but I was there and had a good time along with you. Wish I would have stayed to camp. Next year things might be different.

Nice pics and write up.

It was a good day and a good ride. Sorry I didn't introduce myself but I was there and had a good time along with you. Wish I would have stayed to camp. Next year things might be different.

Nice pics and write up.

Surprised me that there were people from both boards at the event. Not sure why this surprised me, guess I figured everybody would be doing the cochocton ride.

I didn't know who you were till you were gone. magley64 said you were the guy that just left!

Next time!

It was a blast shooting the breeze with you, the g/f said thanks for making her feel welcome.

(only the 1st pic works for me)

The pics should be fixed now.

Good talking to you and Jess. She seems like a trooper, riding an hour and a half just to go for a ride.

I got about 400 miles in this weekend, a sore butt, Heat exhaustion, grasshoppers big a cows bouncing off me, a bee in my helmet at the dam, the real serious smell of cows (wow!!):eek: and even some practice riding on gravel roads. (they suck)

It was a good weekend! :D

Surprised me that there were people from both boards at the event. Not sure why this surprised me, guess I figured everybody would be doing the cochocton ride.

I didn't know who you were till you were gone. magley64 said you were the guy that just left!

Next time!

I've been on Ro since early 08 and just joined here the fall of 08. It's 2 different groups of people for the most part imo. Both are good in their own right. I just wish I had more time to meet people and enjoy these weekend trips. Oh well. Like you said until next time.

I've been on Ro since early 08 and just joined here the fall of 08. It's 2 different groups of people for the most part imo. Both are good in their own right. I just wish I had more time to meet people and enjoy these weekend trips. Oh well. Like you said until next time.

I joined here in may 08, and there in august 08...

I found this board first, thought it was "the" ohio motorcycle forum. My dad's childhood friend was talking about an ohio motorcycle forum, and I didn't find him on here, so I did some searching and found that one.

lots of cool people on both boards. This one tends to be more sport bike oriented, as well as a bit more "liberal" :dunno: The other is more wingers and harleys, and they tend to me a bit more "conservative"...

I'm sure there will be more cross-board memberships, lots of cool people all around.

Good talking to you and Jess. She seems like a trooper, riding an hour and a half just to go for a ride.

As expected, she fell asleep on the way back. :dunno: I guess she's pretty stable and comfy back there...

Edited by magley64

I joined here in may 08, and there in august 08...

I found this board first, thought it was "the" ohio motorcycle forum. My dad's childhood friend was talking about an ohio motorcycle forum, and I didn't find him on here, so I did some searching and found that one.

lots of cool people on both boards. This one tends to be more sport bike oriented, as well as a bit more "liberal" :dunno: The other is more wingers and harleys, and they tend to me a bit more "conservative"...

I'm sure there will be more cross-board memberships, lots of cool people all around.

I did notice more Harleys and Wings there, more cruisers in general at RideOhio. Didn't notice the political leanings of the group. Too busy trying to remember names and faces.

Also noticed that the RO guys seem to mostly be from the northern smaller towns. OR guys seem to be from the cities. Perhaps that would explain the Cruiser vs Sport bike ratios. Just a thought.

As expected, she fell asleep on the way back. :dunno: I guess she's pretty stable and comfy back there...

You keep rubbing she'll keep falling asleep. jk Just had to remark on you guys fondling each other in the train. :D

I had a great time this weekend also.........That was by far the largest group that i've ever led (48 bikes).. I had a great time, but didn't get to talk to as many people as I would have liked to..

Oh thats the train you were talking about.

She fell asleep on the bike...while riding? :wtf:

she does it all the time...I'll hit the brakes and feel the helmet crack against mine...

but i guess she's pretty stable back there, never had any problems with her close to falling off...

:dunno: