Cycle Search

Speede

Hey guys! just wanted to know what everyone's experience is with this shop. I got a good feeling, but apparently buying a salvage title bike is a risk so let me know what u guys think. Lookin at a great deal though and a really friendly staff...

Man I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole!!! Stay far away :p

:D

Salvage titles are always questionable...they aren't going to hold value as well as a clean title. Do your homework research what you're looking at ask questions and make an informed choice. Also talk to Justin at Cycle Search, since they're a site sponsor they're always willing to work out deals with OR.net members.

Site Sponsor

Edited by dustinsn3485

I have never purchased anything from them, but I know they are a very involved sponsor. The fact that they show up to events and know that we will see them on a regular basis tells me that they are not willingly going to scam people and then have to see them all the time.

A salvage bike is always risky, but I think they would be a safer dealer to buy one from.

Anyone ever bought anything from them?

Price would be the main factor for me. If it were something I could ge and sell if at the same price should it not work out. I didnt buy a salvage bike but a wrecked one and after all the extra parts were sold off from a second wrecked bike, mine ended up costing me $0. But I knew that even if it went bad I was going to make at least $1k if I parted it out.

We appreciate the good words everyone. I am always committed to taking care of Ohio Rider members. I can assure you the best deal going when it comes to salvage bikes. Also remember that our salvage bikes are tested and have an engine and transmission warranty available as well. You can't get that everywhere and that can lead to our LIST prices not being as eye catching as other, but as an OR member, list price is not your price anyways. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! once again we appreciate the kind words!

I bought an almost-new bike with a clean title from them last week. I got what I felt to be a fair deal.

Bought Wednesday evening, title showed up Saturday.

They brought the bike to my house as I had my 8 year old with me and couldn't ride home.

O.R. discount, MSF discount.

Mitch and Justin were fine to work with. Mitch showed me (seemingly) all of the 4,000 or so bikes they had, just to give me a feel of their inventory, but didn't push anything on me.

All in all, I would recommend them, and would buy from them again!

My $0.02 worth...

Never got a bike from them, but did win the HJC carbon fiber helmet they donated to the O.R/Pig Iron Meet 'n Greet raffle 2 weeks ago. I've had my eye on the orange c/f for quite some time, and asked Justin if I could pay the difference & get orange instead, as we had to exchange for size anyways.

After checking into it, he told me the price difference was minimal, and not worry about it...... They'd take care of it. He ordered the orange in my size, & had it shipped to me on their dime. It arrived Friday.... Just shy of 2 weeks for the whole thing

So like I said....... Can't contribute anything about buying a bike from them, but I was pleased with their customer service in this situation. They'd already donated a $400+ helmet. It would've been easy for them to walk away & leave it at that, but they'd stated before the raffle that they'd order the correct size for whomever won, & were also willing to go the extra mile with me to make sure it was the color I wanted

Customer service is a pet peeve of mine, and so far, I'd have to give Justin & Cycle Search a big thumbs up thumb.gif

HelmetWin.jpg

Bike004-1.jpg

Edited by Fonzie

I stopped in and spoke to Justin one afternoon a few months back when I was shopping for a bike. They didnt have anything I could afford but he pointed me in the right direction as to what to look for in a used bike. Mitch called me about a week later to see if I was still interested in the Virago I looked at in their showroom. When I told him I still couldnt afford it and was looking around at craigslist, cycletrader.com, etc he offered to answer any questions on any bike I found, regardless of where. Didnt need to take him up on that offer, but I thought it was a nice gesture to help out a new rider. Overall they never seemed pushy or didnt laugh when I told them my budget (which wasnt much).

Good group of people in my opinion.