Ammunition Box

hue jass

My Dad found this old box from the Korean War. I want to bring it up. Does anyone have sandblasting ready to go? In it's life, it's been painted over once as far as I can tell. It needs stripped and shot properly.

I thought about using Blitz on it, or some other paint stripper, but that stuff can get everywhere when you start scraping. Inside it has a lining I don't want to ruin. Sandblasting's the way to go.

152cgvd.jpg

Edited by hue jass

If it's some sort of collectable box(ammo, records, whatever).... stripping the original finish, even if rough will destroy it's value. Find out what it is for sure before you strip it.

Blits works good... I just used it to strip my front porch rails, sand blasting can damage sheetmetal if not done properly

If it's some sort of collectable box(ammo, records, whatever).... stripping the original finish, even if rough will destroy it's value. Find out what it is for sure before you strip it.

Blits works good... I just used it to strip my front porch rails, sand blasting can damage sheetmetal if not done properly

+1

If it wont destroy the value I can probably blast it for you for free. my dad has a booth set up on the back porch. Its got aluminum media in it now so it will take the paint and leave everything else. find out what it is first though. then let me know.

If you want it because it's old, I wouldn't paint it. If you want it to put ammo in, then go to the army surplus and buy a new ammo can.

I collect old military stuff and it's killing me to know that you are going to strip it down and put a new coat of paint on it.

To each his own I guess...