Iron Pony expands Amsoil display and offers 3 additional oils.

Modern Synthetics

Iron Pony has expanded their Amsoil display by adding another rack and 3 more oils. The newly added products are Amsoil 10W/30 Motorcycle oil, Amsoil 0W/40 Powersports oil and Amsoil 10W/40 Scooter oil. This brings the number of Amsoil products offered at Iron Pony to 9. The complete list of Amsoil products in stock at Iron Pony is as follows:

0W/40 Powersports Oil

10W/40 Scooter Oil

10W/30 Motorcycle Oil

10W/40 Motorcycle Oil

20W/50 Motorcycle Oil

Interceptor 2-Stroke Oil (Injector)

Dominator 2-Stroke Oil (Pre-mix / Racing)

80W/90 Gear Lube

75W/140 Severe Gear

Any 10 W 50 as speced out for the KTM 950's?

Amsoil does not offer a 10W/50 oil. I'm sure you would be fine with either the 10W/40 or 20W/50. Heck the 20W/50 has a pour point of -38 F. so unless you are riding in extremely cold temperatures you would be fine with that and you would still maintain the heavier viscosity of the 50 weight when the motorcycle is up to normal operating temperature.

They need to put you in the middle of the oil aisle and get rid of some of that other crap. Just my .02

I agree but hey, I am just happy to get Amsoil in the store. They have not had it for some time and they decided that there is enough demand to give it a try. So far they have been doing very well with it so that is good. It is nice for Amsoil customers that frequent Iron Pony. Now they can purchase their oil and other motorcycle products at one location instead of having to search around for Amsoil. With the addition of Yamaha of Columbus and their service department it is also convenient for Amsoil users that want to have their oil changes done for them. Maybe down the road if they continue to do well with Amsoil they will move it onto a standard shelf. We will see. I can't control where the product is placed, I just try to deliver their oders quickly so no one goes in to purchase Amsoil and finds that the product they need is sold out.

Way to go buddy!!I might try that 20-50!??????You know about KTM:rulez:

Mines running on Amsoil 10W/40. I'll be a step ahead for winter. ;)

On another note someone asked about why Amsoil filters are not offered there?:confused: Am I missing the rack for them?

Mines running on Amsoil 10W/40. I'll be a step ahead for winter. ;)

On another note someone asked about why Amsoil filters are not offered there?:confused: Am I missing the rack for them?

The filter issue has been discussed but Iron Pony has not seen enough demand for Amsoil filters at this time. If it were up to me they would have several of the popular motorcycle filters in stock, but I don't make the decisions about what products they carry. Obviously they must not have enough demand for the filters to warrant stocking them. Many people I have spoken with are partial to K&N because they prefer the filter with the nut welded on to the canister. If it is something you would like to see you may want to make a suggestion to the people at the parts counter. Without sufficient demand I doubt you will see Amsoil filters on the shelves. I'm not sure if this would be an option, but if you can wait a few days you may want to inquire about Iron Pony ordering an Amsoil filter for you. As I said, I don't know if they would do this, but it may be worth a try.

The filter issue has been discussed but Iron Pony has not seen enough demand for Amsoil filters at this time. If it were up to me they would have several of the popular motorcycle filters in stock, but I don't make the decisions about what products they carry. Obviously they must not have enough demand for the filters to warrant stocking them. Many people I have spoken with are partial to K&N because they prefer the filter with the nut welded on to the canister. If it is something you would like to see you may want to make a suggestion to the people at the parts counter. Without sufficient demand I doubt you will see Amsoil filters on the shelves. I'm not sure if this would be an option, but if you can wait a few days you may want to inquire about Iron Pony ordering an Amsoil filter for you. As I said, I don't know if they would do this, but it may be worth a try.

You're a sales rep - rep. You need to pitch the benefits and such to warrant placing the product. If you don't do that, Chris isn't going to bring in something "just cause"...

Do some work and present the benefits and what Amsoil is willing to do if the product doesn't sell or what will happen if it fails. Have a recovery plan in hand and base everything on the merits of the product and basis of how it compares to other products.

Also, the cost effectiveness platform is something to talk about, too.

If it is as good as you guys say it is, Chris is open to talking about placing it into the store. If you've grown this fast within the store after not being in there, I'd think you'd be able to pitch getting in something else...

You're a sales rep - rep. You need to pitch the benefits and such to warrant placing the product. If you don't do that, Chris isn't going to bring in something "just cause"...

Do some work and present the benefits and what Amsoil is willing to do if the product doesn't sell or what will happen if it fails. Have a recovery plan in hand and base everything on the merits of the product and basis of how it compares to other products.

Also, the cost effectiveness platform is something to talk about, too.

If it is as good as you guys say it is, Chris is open to talking about placing it into the store. If you've grown this fast within the store after not being in there, I'd think you'd be able to pitch getting in something else...

I'll PM you. Don't want to get into all the sales stuff on this thread.

sooooo my local napa has 10-30 Amsoil....is that Non-EC oil? they didn't have any motorcycle specific amsoil.

The automotive oil is wet clutch compatible so you won't have any issues there. I would recommend sticking with the motorcycle specific oil though. It has an additive package designed specifically for motorcycle applications.

Iron Pony has expanded their Amsoil display by adding another rack and 3 more oils. The newly added products are Amsoil 10W/30 Motorcycle oil, Amsoil 0W/40 Powersports oil and Amsoil 10W/40 Scooter oil. This brings the number of Amsoil products offered at Iron Pony to 9. The complete list of Amsoil products in stock at Iron Pony is as follows:

0W/40 Powersports Oil

10W/40 Scooter Oil

10W/30 Motorcycle Oil

10W/40 Motorcycle Oil

20W/50 Motorcycle Oil

Interceptor 2-Stroke Oil (Injector)

Dominator 2-Stroke Oil (Pre-mix / Racing)

80W/90 Gear Lube

75W/140 Severe Gear

Any Cincinnati retailers?

Any Cincinnati retailers?

Not that I am familiar with. I would love to get some shops in that area set up though. If you have a local shop that you deal with and they do not carry Amsoil please let them know that you would like see it available in their store. Then provide them with my contact info and shoot me a message with their contact information so I can contact them and let them know about our Retail program. I can set them up as a Retail account free of charge. With Amsoil they will not have any initial buy in amount or monthly/yearly minimums. If I can get a few few shops in the area set up as Amsoil accounts I will deliver the oil to them free of charge on a monthly basis to start and if demand is high enough possibly a bi-weekly basis in the future.

Another option to get Amsoil products if you do not have a local retailer is to become a Preferred Customer and have the oil shipped to your house. You will incur shipping charges but because you will pay wholesale for the oil, with shipping it will likely be about the same as paying the retail price at a shop. If signing up for a Preferred Customer membership please use my referral number 1471012.

Edited by Modern Synthetics

Not that I am familiar with. I would love to get some shops in that area set up though. If you have a local shop that you deal with and you they do not carry Amsoil please let them know that you would like see it available in their store. Then provide them with my contact info and shoot me a message with their contact information so I can contact them and let them know about our Retail program. I can set them up as a Retail account free of charge. With Amsoil they will not have any initial buy in amount or monthly/yearly minimums. If I can get a few few shops in the area set up as Amsoil accounts I will deliver the oil to them free of charge on a monthly basis to start and if demand is high enough possibly a bi-weekly basis in the future.

Another option to get Amsoil products if you do not have a local retailer is to become a Preferred Customer and have the oil shipped to your house. You will incur shipping charges but because you will pay wholesale for the oil, with shipping it will likely be about the same as paying the retail price at a shop. If signing up for a Preferred Customer membership please use my referral number 1471012.

Matt-

Hit up Cycle Specialites and Honda of Fairfield. Maybe even Tom over at Beechmont...

Cycle Specialties has two shops - one on the west side, and one on the north side. Fairfield is right up the road from CS's north store. Beechmont is on the east side...

Matt-

Hit up Cycle Specialites and Honda of Fairfield. Maybe even Tom over at Beechmont...

Cycle Specialties has two shops - one on the west side, and one on the north side. Fairfield is right up the road from CS's north store. Beechmont is on the east side...

I will definitely get in touch with them. Thanks for the info.