TSBR forums: WTF?

flounder

So whats the deal with their page. I thought people were friends between the boards.. I signed up so that I could check out the pics that sonny linked to in the mid ohio pics thread on here and the following happens..

I get an email saying welcome and click for activation.

I activate the account, log in, and still cant view the pics because I dont have permissions according to their page. (Guessing my account was not fully activated,, no big deal)

A short while afterwards, I get another email saying

"Dear flounder,

Unfortunately your registration at Toledo Sportbike Riders did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,

Toledo Sportbike Riders

So What Gives???

So whats the deal with their page. I thought people were friends between the boards.. I signed up so that I could check out the pics that sonny linked to in the mid ohio pics thread on here and the following happens..

I get an email saying welcome and click for activation.

I activate the account, log in, and still cant view the pics because I dont have permissions according to their page. (Guessing my account was not fully activated)

A short while afterwards, I get another email saying

"Dear flounder,

Unfortunately your registration at Toledo Sportbike Riders did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,

Toledo Sportbike Riders

So What Gives???

The email came from matt.mcginnis@mcgintech.com on behalf of TSBR

:popcorn:

I wanted to see the pics too, but not at the expense of having to sign up. If you are not "qualified" to sign up for it then I'll probably be denied too.

I would find out what happened first, might have filled someting out wrong or they just did't realise who you were. Just my 2 Cents.

Uhmmm... What your saying doesnt make sense.. If I filled something out wrong, the form would have required me to fix it before submission. And yes it did make me correct some things.. Also,, What do you mean "didnt realize who I was" Its a damn Internet forum for gods sake, who the hell do I have to be?... Not to mention that they activated my account and then de-activated it within a few hours...

Smells like :monkeypoo: to me

I would find out what happened first, might have filled someting out wrong or they just did't realise who you were. Just my 2 Cents.

Uhmmm... What your saying doesnt make sense.. If I filled something out wrong, the form would have required me to fix it before submission. And yes it did make me correct some things.. Also,, What do you mean "didnt realize who I was" Its a damn Internet forum for gods sake, who the hell do I have to be.. Not to mention that they activated my account and then de-activated it within a few hours...

Smells like :monkeypoo: to me

Im sure there is a simple explanation for it but its just really f()cking stupid..

"Deactivated because I dont meet membership requirements" :bigfinger:

well befoer ya gave me the bird I was going to say it was because of the discounts they give to members at certain shops but then realized it had to be paid for so, I am sorry for getting it wrong but since i got the finger or smiley face f/u. you can kiss every inch of my fat ass!! now I can see why they would deny you!

well befoer ya gave me the bird I was going to say it was because of the discounts they give to members at certain shops but then realized it had to be paid for so, I am sorry for getting it wrong but since i got the finger or smiley face f/u. you can kiss every inch of my fat ass!! now I can see why they would deny you!

No no,,, the finger wasnt for you... the finger was for the statement directly in front.. as in "I dont meet membership eligibility" <- F' that.. Thats why it was in quotes.

You didnt do anything wrong.

Would you let someone join your forum that tends to stick parts of their anatomy in animals? OK.....OK......so there's maybe two sites that will take this freak. :sheepfucker::thefinger:

Interesting nonetheless, but I'd bet it's because you don't actually reside within a certain area of Toledo. Guess we'll have to wait for Sonny to get the answer(s).

I was kinda thinking along the same lines, I am able to because I am near toledo by an hour or so. but that may not even be the reason why he can't. though i agree it is a fourm and shoould be able to see wht they have to offer.

The thing is that during registration, it never asks where your location is anyway. If that is a requirement, then they should build it into the registration form. Also, if they only allow Toledo area riders then they shouldnt link to their site for pics if they are not going to let someone on it. I doubt they are like that considering that all Sonny's posts and everything Ive seen from their group appears to be on the up and up and a good group of people. Its just a weird situation and I want to know why.

did you make sure to respond to the email where it tells you registration is not complete? ive been deleted from other forums before, and i think it was because i forgot to do that or something. i just posted a thread about me being from columbus on there so i dont think its a location thing...prolly a glitch.

did you make sure to respond to the email where it tells you registration is not complete? ive been deleted from other forums before, and i think it was because i forgot to do that or something. i just posted a thread about me being from columbus on there so i dont think its a location thing...prolly a glitch.

See post #1 ^