Suspension

robes3187

well for the rear spring, you have to put your dirt bike on a stand and measure at a 90 degree angle from the center of the axle to a spot on the rear fender. Write down that number, then get a friend, and re measure the same distance from the axle to the fender with you sitting on the bike in a nuetral position. The difference between the two measurements shoud be around 100mm to 105mm. I believe that every turn of the spring nut is about 3mm of change... I will find you a good youtube vid

Doesn't the rear have a dampener? Changing preload will only stiffen it up not make it less bouncy.

see the video is what i need to do but i think a complete service on the shock is goig to have to happen to get any true feeling in the shock back. anyone familiar with MPS off of hamilton rd. in columbus? i've heard good things about their service work. would like to know others. any help is help;)

....well i twll ya what... i sent out my forks and shock out toCali to RG3 last year on the 250 rm.. They did a GREAT job. Had to get new fork springs and it cost a few bucks but when i got them back after re-valving, WOW!!!!!! what a difference!!!! they set it up for my weight and 50/50 MX and trails riding, and they did JUST THAT!!!!.....the thing rides great!!!! much more calm on the trails but still hard when it has to be on the MX track!!!

I may try "factory connection" for the suspention tune on the rm-z450......this winter of course :)

see the video is what i need to do but i think a complete service on the shock is goig to have to happen to get any true feeling in the shock back. anyone familiar with MPS off of hamilton rd. in columbus? i've heard good things about their service work. would like to know others. any help is help;)

also agree....if they are bad they will have to be rebuilt anywho....but get the revalve too!!! :) just my opinion :)