Bent Wheel

Zecho

I have a friend that had a couple of rims straightened (track day junky). No fear of anything bad happening afterwards and the rims are run more true than from the factory. There's a lot of places that can do it now, just do a search for motorcycle rim straightening/repair and you'll find them.

PS - That's nothing a that can't be removed, I've seen some truly bugger'd rims return to normal.

I attempted to have a bent rim repaired.

I sent my dealer damaged rim it to a 'reputable' wheel repair shop. After 2 visits to the repair shop, and 3 paint jobs it's sitting in a box with a chunk of aluminum blown out along the rim near a spoke. Luckily it never would hold air so I never rode my bike with that dangerous wheel !

I wasted months of riding, quite a few hours of my time, and a few hundred dollars trying to not spend about $1100 for a replacement wheel.

I bought a new set of rims - a forged aluminum set that I'd been drooling over ever since they'd first come out. I love the new wheels, and only wish I'd bought them sooner.

Get a new or straight used wheel.

I am using a set now that was bent from my 2002 crash at Putnam turn 2.

The guy you want to look for is Will Babb, he is great and reasonably priced wheel repair. Yours looks like an easy fix for him.

Will Babb - Cell: (864) 787-1351

He moved last year so I don't have his new address, but this should get you in contact with him.

kgarland1@charter.net