ama... again

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger, you're a fuckin' reatrd. Shit like this makes me wanna cancel my AMA membership - I'm to embarassed to belong to a group that has this fuckwit as it's leader.

The 883 class years ago sucked balls and the 1200 class wouldn't be any different. HD riders don't go to roadraces - never have and never will. They're more interested in putting fringe on their bikes and drinking Coors Light all day.

I heard the AMA is thinking about starting a bicycle class. Lance Armstrong has been banned since he only has one ball, and that makes him lighter than "regular" racers.

On a serious note, the AMA is going in the complete wrong direction, IMO at least, but I feel like I speak for a lot of people.

The Harley category is quite clearly because we think it's ludicrous that that the largest selling brand in this country and the largest body of motorcyclists in this country are totally ignored when it comes to road racing.

There's a reason for that! What an idiot, has he ever ridden one? I'd rather watch Goldwings race.

who is ready to watch hardley race??? ama wants u to!

click me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINq74kflIg

Looks like fun to me.

if i wanted to see a line of harleys and watch them occasionally crash i would figure out where the next poker run is and wait down the road from about the third bar stop.

More likely to see a Can-o-tuna crash out your way, aren't we?

Roger, you're a fuckin' reatrd. Shit like this makes me wanna cancel my AMA membership - I'm to embarassed to belong to a group that has this fuckwit as it's leader.

The 883 class years ago sucked balls and the 1200 class wouldn't be any different. HD riders don't go to roadraces - never have and never will. They're more interested in putting fringe on their bikes and drinking Coors Light all day.

I've usually noticed a large number of harleys at Mid-O every year. I don't understand what the problem is. More motorcycles, more variety, more racing. These are the XR1200s. A whole different animal than those 883's.

jeez... hardley class? No honda? What is this world coming to!?

I bet Honda is the one company that said no way to the 450 class.

There's a reason for that! What an idiot, has he ever ridden one? I'd rather watch Goldwings race.

Unless you've ridden an XR1200, I'd kindly ask you to STFU. :D

More likely to see a Can-o-tuna crash out your way, aren't we?

actually there have been more hd wrecks in this area this year than sportbikes. i think one of the doods that work at the police station can back me up.

but in a way yes............ we here hate tuna ;)

perfectly said!!!

race a HD?? NOBODY wants to see this SHIT!! It is all about the $$$$$$MONEY$$$$$$

Thats like saying that nobody that owns a lawnmower goes to lawnmower races cause those lawnmowers dont have cupholders! ITS FUCKING RACING!!! Any racing on two wheels should be supported by the AMA because its on two wheels! Thats what they are there for and why im a member. If YOU dont want to be an American Motorcyclists Association Member because thats to broad a category then cancel your membership and become an American Sportbike Racing In The Midwest On Avon Tires with Yellow Paint member. Till someone starts that group ( you can steal the name if u like) and u can become a member of the A.S.R.I.T.M.O.A.T.W.Y.P. then i guess you are with us for a while, H-D fringe all the way to guys in bright yellow riding suits.

Quote: "The Ninja program would be aimed at 12-15 or perhaps 13-15," he said. "I'm not sure yet because it depends on the attitudes of the insurance companies. It will absolutely be an entry level age group."

Oh God!!! That would be so boring! Watching kids ride around a track on a kawi 250 would just be horrible. The agony of it all. ENTRY LEVEL RACING!?!? NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT!!! They should also ban people under the age of 16 from the AMA because they dont have enough pubic hair and have too many pimples.

Thats like saying that nobody that owns a lawnmower goes to lawnmower races cause those lawnmowers dont have cupholders! ITS FUCKING RACING!!! Any racing on two wheels should be supported by the AMA because its on two wheels! Thats what they are there for and why im a member. If YOU dont want to be an American Motorcyclists Association Member because thats to broad a category then cancel your membership and become an American Sportbike Racing In The Midwest On Avon Tires with Yellow Paint member. Till someone starts that group ( you can steal the name if u like) and u can become a member of the A.S.R.I.T.M.O.A.T.W.Y.P. then i guess you are with us for a while, H-D fringe all the way to guys in bright yellow riding suits.

I agree. Anything that promotes two wheels I will support.

I'm pretty sure the MAJOR point y'all HD nut swingers are missing is that they couldn't and haven't done it legitimatly for the last what, 15 years? Now their getting their own special class?! I agree people will race anything, god knows I have, but actually taking HD as a serious racing team is about as rediculous as the tooth fairy.

Why virtually nothing from HD that's worth noting before DMG and now within the first year they have their own class? I guess it's the only way to assure that HD can win, make 'em all HD!! Brilliant!! The sheeple will love it!! HD racing and WINNING!! take that all you plastic fantastic jap non-real motorcycle lovers!

"The Harley category is quite clearly because we think it's ludicrous that that the largest selling brand in this country and the largest body of motorcyclists in this country are totally ignored when it comes to road racing. Those folks need a reason to buy tickets and help support our events. That's the concept."

from the article, I'm not gonna get into the grammer but there's a reason they have been 'ignored' because they couldn't fucking cut it!! They tried before and hell I'm pretty sure even had a few podium wins back in the day, but their so far behind the rest of the world in everything but silk screening and teeshirt tech that they haven't a snowballs chance in hell unless everyone else is forced down to their level. Or just kicked out completely, there's already a vintage motorcycle class, we don't need another one.

So?

People that like harleys like spending money on motorcycle events. what's bad about that?

I think what everyone is getting at the majority of Harley riders aren't interested in coming to a ama racing event, regardless if there are harley class or not. The majority of people that go to the watch ama ride sportbikes and thats what they want to see.

By adding the hardleys they are just pissing off their traditional fan base. I think the AMA is just going for the $$$ and not caring about the racing or who comes/doesnt come to watch their racing.

I think what everyone is getting at the majority of Harley riders aren't interested in coming to a ama racing event, regardless if there are harley class or not. The majority of people that go to the watch ama ride sportbikes and thats what they want to see.

By adding the hardleys they are just pissing off their traditional fan base. I think the AMA is just going for the $$$ and not caring about the racing or who comes/doesnt come to watch their racing.

The AMA doesn't have much of its traditional fan base left. I've been to the last 7 races at Mid ohio and I would wager that there is more cruisers than sportbikes at that event. Ever been to a flat track race?

Typical Harleys may not be race bikes, but their owners enjoy racing as much or more than sportbikers.