Montrose Westside - AVOID!!!

r1crusher

If you had called earlier in the day it is possible that the car would have been waiting for you. Or perhaps the dealer knew that it would be sold after its trip home.

Remember, until the dealer KNOWS you're actually ready to spend money, they're going to treat you like every other window shopper.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I found it listed Monday morning. Regretfully I was booked up with conference calls most of the day and didn't get time to call ahead. I wish I could have but didn't and when Justin said he was heading right down the road I figured I would just stop in. And that's where all the fun began.

His uncle is a customer one in the same, but I had to drive out to get my look at it. It wasn't delivered to me for inspection and possible purchase. If the service guys uncle is a potential customer why didn't he come out to look at it? He didn't because they have a policy of letting employees take vehicles off the lot during normal business hours thusly limiting potential buyers an equal opportunity to purchase that vehicle.

That's the problem.

So what if I called ahead, I would have been treated the exact same. He would take my information down and not called me back. I see no difference on that point.

And as far as the last comment of your second sentence, no. I would of had no problem because more than likely that person would of had to put a deposit of some kind down on it before driving off. He is entitled to purchase if he has money on the vehicle. I would of had no problem with that move what so ever.

But seeing as this employees uncle had nothing in writing, money down, nothing. I was not give an EQUAL opportunity to purchase the truck.

That is not the kind of place I or YOU should be doing business with.

While I sympathize with your situation this is not entirely the dealership's fault. Did they know that you were interested before you walked in the door?? I bet not. If you knew you were seriously interested in the vehicle, and it was probably the only one if its kind on their website, a 5 minute phone call before you went up would have saved you a lot of trouble. I am willing to bet that had you called and said i will be in to check this out, they probably would not have let the mechanic take it home. While i agree he should have called you back sooner and let you know it was sold, buying a car is not bidding on a government job. Maybe you should write a letter to Obama you guys could pass some new legislation on EQUAL opportunity car buying. In case you haven't noticed, until cash for clunkers, many car dealers were hurting this year to make sales. If I was a decision maker at that dealership, and a mechanic said hey my uncle wants to buy this, can i drive it home to show him tonight? The answer is yes, absolutley, make the sale. Now had you called and said hey I am coming in tonight to check this out, and i am seriously interested. I would have told the mechanic sorry but we have a customer coming tonight to check it out, let your Uncle know that he is more than welcome to come in and look at it here.

You're right I should have called, but of all the other times I've ever bought cars this was never an issue. The sales manager could have easily told the mechanic to take home on a night when they're weren't open till 9pm.

Meh...no matter. It's done and people should know what they could expect from this dealership is all.

The sales manager could have easily told the mechanic to take home on a night when they're weren't open till 9pm.

why? a sale is a sale.

was the manager supposed to hope someone wandered in looking for a car from the website? It seems the possibility of selling to an employee's uncle was more appealing than that.

Then why list it for sale on the internet and on their website until they have personally gone around to each and every one of their employees to see if they or their family member might want it?

you're right.

they should have called every person in a 200 mile radius to see if they wanted it too.

All I'm saying is if that is your stand point then why list it and have potential buyers come in and it not be there?

That's what people do....they come in looking for a car they found via internet, website, newspaper, whatever.

I'm just looking for a straight answer from you but you can't seem to provide one.

Straight answer?

You're bitching because someone else bought a car that you wanted. PERIOD.

How do you know the uncle didn't see it on the internet just like you?

If your bike is posted on craigslist does that mean you can't sell it to one of your buddies?

At our dealership if there is a car that comes in I might call a customer I think may be intrested or a family member. That is the way it is but the guy should have kept you in the loop as far as what was going on with the vehicle that was shitty. But as far as a family member or a employee or a prevous customer getting first dibs thats the way it is. If you called and said you were on your way out unless you put money on the car before you left the vehicle is still for sale. I cant tell you how many times a guy will say he is on his way and never shows.

Straight answer?

If your bike is posted on craigslist does that mean you can't sell it to one of your buddies?

:lol::lol::rulez: good stuff Zach

We always try to get the cars on the internet asap again though it may take 24 hours for the car to show on a site in the mean time that vehicle could have sold. The bottom line is we want to sell cars we dont care who the money comes from and unless there is a deposit on a car it is still for sale. The first one with the money down wins. There are times when a car isnt deleted from the internet fast enough and a customer will call and it is already sold shit happens

Straight answer?

I'm bitching about how things were done ya d-bag! The car got sold, so fuckin' what! If the uncle saw it on the internet, so fuckin' what!

And dealing with a private seller is not 100% the same as with a dealer, so you'll have to come up with another 'What if...'.

You obviously failed to get the point of the issue I had.

We always try to get the cars on the internet asap again though it may take 24 hours for the car to show on a site in the mean time that vehicle could have sold. The bottom line is we want to sell cars we dont care who the money comes from and unless there is a deposit on a car it is still for sale. The first one with the money down wins. There are times when a car isnt deleted from the internet fast enough and a customer will call and it is already sold shit happens

Then you partially understand my point. No money was put down, the car was still available to be purchased and yet it was not on the lot.

Let me ask you this Rob since you're in the biz. Would you take a care home before the end of business hour at your dealership to show it to someone?

I'm bitching about how things were done ya d-bag! The car got sold, so fuckin' what! If the uncle saw it on the internet, so fuckin' what!

And dealing with a private seller is not 100% the same as with a dealer, so you'll have to come up with another 'What if...'.

You obviously failed to get the point of the issue I had.

Dude, it's not like it's bestbuy where they can monitor their inventory up to the second to keep lazy customers up to date. Expecting them to keep there website that accurate is asinine.

Yes, the car WAS available. It was available to the UNCLE just as much as it was available to you. The ONLY thing the dealer did wrong was not call you the next morning like he said.

Boo Hoo. :rolleyes:

Let me ask you this Rob since you're in the biz. Would you take a care home before the end of business hour at your dealership to show it to someone?

Why wouldn't the dealer do this?

The situation:

Mechanic: "My uncle wants to buy that SS, can I let him drive it over night? He'll be by tomorrow to sign the papers if he likes it."

Dealer: OPTION A- "Sure, dude. Here's the keys. He's gonna love that truck, see you guys in the morning!"

OPTION B- "Oh, I dunno, this thing is posted on the internet, I sure wouldn't want someone to come in here and look at it. Maybe take it for a test drive and then beat my balls over the price for 2 hours. I think it's best it stays here. Tell your uncle to get off his lazy ass and come down here."

Dude, it's not like it's bestbuy where they can monitor their inventory up to the second to keep lazy customers up to date. Expecting them to keep there website that accurate is asinine.

Yes, the car WAS available. It was available to the UNCLE just as much as it was available to you. The ONLY thing the dealer did wrong was not call you the next morning like he said.

Boo Hoo. :rolleyes:

NO, the car was not available to me just the same as his uncle. You just don't get it. How was it just as available to me as it was his uncle? Was the vehicle at the dealership during normal business hours? NO!

So I repeat it again.....NO, the ONLY thing the dealer did wrong was let the service guy take it home during normal business hours.

And somehow I'm the lazy customer, yet I didn't get the car delivered to me at my house so I could buy it.

Why wouldn't the dealer do this?

The situation:

Mechanic: "My uncle wants to buy that SS, can I let him drive it over night? He'll be by tomorrow to sign the papers if he likes it."

Dealer: OPTION A- "Sure, dude. Here's the keys. He's gonna love that truck, see you guys in the morning!"

OPTION B- "Oh, I dunno, this thing is posted on the internet, I sure wouldn't want someone to come in here and look at it. Maybe take it for a test drive and then beat my balls over the price for 2 hours. I think it's best it stays here. Tell your uncle to get off his lazy ass and come down here."

The correct option is C - "Your uncle can come look at the car on the lot during normal hours tonight or you can take home for him to look at once we're closed."

Ever heard of first come, first serve?

The fact is, a simple phone call would have negated this entire worthless thread.

The dealer not required, under any circumstances, to keep a vehicle on the lot. What if it was out for a test drive for the last hour they were open? Would you be on here bitching about how they let that customer hog all the available test drive time?

on second thought, don't answer that, I think I already know the answer.

Sweet Jesus!! You make up circumstances to which I offer a logical retort, yet you continue to miss the point.

Zach, please don't post again in this 'worthless thread'. Just leave and don't come back.

This is just way over your head to comprehend.

Thanks for posting, have a nice day.

Sweet Jesus!! You make up circumstances to which I offer a logical retort, yet you continue to miss the point.

Zach, please don't post again in this 'worthless thread'. Just leave and don't come back.

This is just way over your head to comprehend.

Thanks for posting, have a nice day.

Hahahahaha, I love it. "logical retort" :lol:

Your expectations of a business are as fucked up as a football bat, dude.

No, I'm presenting hypothetical situations and you're laughing them off because they don't agree with your philosophy.

Tell me, if you went in to look at the truck at 5pm and requested an overnight test, would you be ok with waiting 4 hours to do so?