24 Hours of Lemons, this weekend!

V4junkie

At any one time there was usually about 60-70 on the track. Sometimes less, especially at night. With driver error (more than mechanical) there were a lot of cars off track and it was usually fly around the track, yellow flag, half a lap, local yellow, watch a car fly off, wait, yellow flag, etc. You could tell some people weren't really prepared for the road course.

That Merkur was a neat car. I tucked in behind him for a few laps until I felt like passing. Their driver was pretty good. I checked out the car after the race and saw that he had to write "I will not pass under yellow" 100 times on the car. Then there was "Even though I wrote I will not pass under yellow 100 times, I still passed under yellow." He must've done it about 4 times I'm guessing.

Every year we end up saying, ok just one more year. I'll let you know if we end up short, it's a distinct possibility. I won't say any more than that.

Edited by V4junkie

Tell me there wasn't 120 cars out there... Holy SHIT!

Saw a Merkur. LOVE those. Of course, didn't love it when the turbo seized and other related tidbits associated with that car.

You guys ever need a driver, I'm willing to pitch in cash to do this...

if you feel like gathering a whole team Brian Im in!!!

First year we did this I must've spent about $500-600 on required fireproof gear and about $700 toward the car/fees. You need good tires, rollcage, seat with 5point harness, sometimes fuel cell, and usually a ton of parts replaced for reliability. It isn't splitting $500 5 ways and then racing. Just a word of warning, the costs involved shocked me the first year.