GM to shut down Saturn.

jagr

Why did they only make 1829 of them?

it also allows them to charge whatever they want as it is a "collector" I still dont belive in that afm shit. You can stop sparking and spraying on 4 cylinders but they are still pumpin around building compression thats going to waste.

I have a 06 grand prix and its meh... the interior quality is pretty shitty, a lot of the stereo buttons already losing black finish, plastics in dash rattle... decent pickup tho'! I did hear that GM was going to keep the G8 platform and rebrand it as another GM vehicle because it was such a good car. I'll never own another GM again tho'... They don't hold their value for shit, if you buy one, better be prepared to have it for 5 years. And I'm not that impressed with quality... end rant.

... to be completely honest, I had a Grand Am and didn't have any major issues with it, pretty good car.

I'm probably gonna jinx myself by saying this.... But have a '00 full size GMC van with ~120k on the Vortec 4.3 now, and never any major problems with it. Been to the U.P, Pittsburgh, & up & down the mountains on the way to Orlando 3 times, so she's done some roadtrips

The GM 350s (5.7L) and 4.3L are pretty much bulletproof. Your van will fall apart before those engines will.

I think the 2.2L Ecotecs are pretty stout as well, they just don't have the long term history like the 5.7L and 4.3L. The 3.8L is a distant 4th in the GM engine family in terms of reliability in my mind.

Then you have "the rest"....

g8 gxp

415hp/415tq - LS3, 6speed

Depending on what numbers you wanna believe... 0-60mph in 4.7, 1/4 mile in 13.2 @ 108mph.

A hayabusa it is not, but it'll seat 5 comfortably. One of the rare sedans that my head doesn't get wedged into the roofline in the back seat.

Awesome car! I went to look at a Solstice GXP and there was a G8 sitting next to it on the floor. When you look at the price of the G8 vs the Solstice GXP you wonder why the Solstice cost as much as it does.

I'd love to have a G8. Mileage is pretty low though.