track day, and leather suit guys.. answer this please

Hoblick

Pros would say, "You want to get those seams re-done." Some would have to have some of the panels replaced. If the price is cheap, it wouldn't be a bad buy and I would say that suit could last a couple of seasons for you. If you get it, Wash it in the washer, cold, with 2 parts Tide and 1 part Vinegar. Let it spin dry, then lay it out. When it starts to get almost dry, apply some lanolin based lotion on it. Any brand will do. Yea, the kind of lotion for your hands. Just read Lanolin in the ingredients. That's how they do it at Barnicle Bills and they're a pro outfit.

are you serious about this process?

are you serious about this process?

Swear to God. Just use cold and a good mild detergent. The Vinegar cleans all the sweat and grunge out. Cold keeps colors from bleeding. He recommends you take it to a laundry mat to do it for their commercial machines. You want the front loader where the door seals. Gentle regular wash. Take it home, lay it out and it will dry fast. When it's almost dry, it rubs the lotion on. When it's all dry, take a dry terry cloth and buff the whole thing out. Comes out beautiful!

Edited by hue jass

my friends mom does leather repair, so i have a hook up there. ill check the suit out, and have someone else check it out after i get it, and if some repairs are necessary i will make them.

if your mom's friend wants to repair some leathers for fun (and profit) you might ask her to advertise here. we've had quite a few crashes this year (myself included) on the track and street, and i'm sure a few people wouldn't mind having somewhere local to do the repairs.

that said, alexa at spyder leather works is pretty awesome. a bit pricey at $40 per hour, but is pretty reasonable about the number of hours for a repair. the only bad thing is that there is an added cost to send the leathers out to her and the lead time.