Who has jailbroken their iPhone?

natedogg624

If you haven't, why haven't you?

If you need help let me know. And if you're worried you will ruin your phone put those fears aside as no matter what you do jailbreak wise to your phone it is completely reversible.

I could also post up some links and how tos as well as favorite third party apps.

Suggestion to Casper: a new subforum for iPhone blackberry and windows mobile smartphones?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was jailbroken.... until the fucking volume button decided to come off. I took it into Apple and they exchanged it for a new one that came pre-loaded with 3.1 software, which is supposedly unable to be jailbroken at the moment. :(

I've had my 3GS once they became available, and like e-flores, not sure I need to. As far as I know, bear in mind the limited time with it, what advantages would I gain? It does all that I ask, and I'm sure more would be available, but how much?

You can now dude

3.1 on a 3GS can be jailbroken with a PC? If so, how? Last I checked the only tutorial I saw was for jailbreaking a regular 3G using a mac. The steps said it would not work on a 3GS. I hope it does, I miss my jailbreak already.

And yes you may like it now bu it just opens up ge possibilities to do more than you can imagine with a jailbroken iPhone.

Might as well just turn this into a fav app thread:

backgrounder

five app dock

installous any app in the AppStore free

SMS helper

snapture

cycorder

categories

iblank

iblacklist

sbsettings

ununlockable

Edited by natedogg624

3.1 on a 3GS can be jailbroken with a PC? If so, how? Last I checked the only tutorial I saw was for jailbreaking a regular 3G using a mac. The steps said it would not work on a 3GS. I hope it does, I miss my jailbreak already.

I'll look into it for you I'm pretty sure you can with pc

And yes you may like it now bu it just opens up ge possibilities to do more than you can imagine with a jailbroken iPhone.

backgrounder

five app dock

SMS helper

snapture

cycorder

categories

iblank

iblacklist

Most of that is cleary over me, though I'm intrigued. Does it slow the phone down much with everything running?

O wait 3gs? Yea sorry bro you're sol on that for now

O wait 3gs? Yea sorry bro you're sol on that for now

Well, looks like there is hope for some 3GS owners but not for me... unless this replacement phone Apple gave me had been jailbroken at some point.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10367566-233.html

backgrounder lets you run apps in the background while you can do other things such as pandora or safari

five app dock put 5 apps in your permanent dock

SMS helper puts a counter in your sms messages to let you know how many characters you have left in the message and messages to be sent (so you dont send someone 2 messages thinking it was just one)

snapturewhat the iphone camera should have been, my favorite app ever so far check it out

cycordervideo camera recorder for iphone

categoriesput all those apps that take up 5 pages on your iphone into organized folders

iblankblank icons that you can move around as normal icons to create a gap or custom spaces between icons if you desire

iblacklistblock that pesky friend who won't stop calling

sbsettingseasily control most of your iphone settings, 3g, wifi, ssh, brightness, edge etc with a quick swipe of your finger across the top of the screen

ununlockable hide the swipe to unlock button on your lock screen

anyring choose any song in your iphone and make it a ringtone in your iphone no computer necessary

iprotect customize which areas of your phone to lock from prying hands such as your nudie pics of that last party from your girlfriend

open ssh transfer files over your wifi from your comp to your computer

rotation inhibitor if you ever get annoyed when you roll over and the iphone screen rolls with you (in a bad way) this will stop it (off on function, not permanent)

and more :)

i have not noticed the phone to be slower compared to the normal locked iphone, the one that will slow it down if you dont keep control of it is backgrounder, understandable as it purposely keeps apps open but useful if you want to listen to pandora or iheartradio or ipod and browse safari at the same time.

also the jailbreak for the new 3.1 firmware is out now as well for those wanting mms and jailbreak