Carb Jet on the F2

flyboy1011

So I'm pretty sure I need to jet my bike after putting my aftermarket pipe on. The only thing is that I'm not quite sure if it's running rich or lean, what type of jet kit I'd need, and I'm pretty nervous thinking about the potential bill from a dealership or shop after this kind of job. So my question is if there are any jetting experts on here that can help me out with some friendly advice?:rolleyes:

I think I might still have a jet kit from both Factory Tuning and Dynojet. The only real differences were how they each did their main jets. One was what was common and one company made their own. I think Factory uses their own and it was tough getting the right mains when needed.

I raced F2s and F3s and I think I have enough one off needles, springs and mains to tickle ya pink. You can HAVE THEM FREE. I will look today to make sure I still have them as we had a BUNCH of shit from when we ran ZX6Rs and I MIGHT have thrown the other stuff away...

I'll check. At least I know I have plenty of mains and if you wanted to take it to Bryan and get it dyno'd and dialed in, I can provide the mains needed...

I'll check and post later...

I think I might still have a jet kit from both Factory Tuning and Dynojet. The only real differences were how they each did their main jets. One was what was common and one company made their own. I think Factory uses their own and it was tough getting the right mains when needed.

I raced F2s and F3s and I think I have enough one off needles, springs and mains to tickle ya pink. You can HAVE THEM FREE. I will look today to make sure I still have them as we had a BUNCH of shit from when we ran ZX6Rs and I MIGHT have thrown the other stuff away...

I'll check. At least I know I have plenty of mains and if you wanted to take it to Bryan and get it dyno'd and dialed in, I can provide the mains needed...

I'll check and post later...

Factory Pro uses standard keihin or mikuni jets, easy to get from dealer if needed. Dyno jet has there own jets, they are numbered different. They also have you plug your main air jet, Then use a much smaller main jet, which makes it hard to tune for midrange and on/off throttle response.

Yeah I'm a huge newb when it comes to all this so I'm not quite sure what all this shiz means :dunno:.... What I do know is that right now between the 4500 and 5500 rpm range it almost sounds like a gargle...and I kinda figure that's due to the jetting. So I guess I just need to get it dynoed and go from there?

Factory Pro uses standard keihin or mikuni jets, easy to get from dealer if needed. Dyno jet has there own jets, they are numbered different. They also have you plug your main air jet, Then use a much smaller main jet, which makes it hard to tune for midrange and on/off throttle response.

I knew it was one way or the other. It's been 9 years since I have even used main jets! Regardless, I have a shit pile of mains and I have some needles I think. I just need to cross reference them to see if they are the ZX6R or CBR ones...

Yeah I'm a huge newb when it comes to all this so I'm not quite sure what all this shiz means :dunno:.... What I do know is that right now between the 4500 and 5500 rpm range it almost sounds like a gargle...and I kinda figure that's due to the jetting. So I guess I just need to get it dynoed and go from there?

Yup. Dyno jetted bikes and make sure it gets the exhaust gases checked, etc. The guy on here with the Dyno is reputable from what I hear and should easily be able to help out.

Here's the issue, though. You'll have some serious time getting mains and needles adjusted. FI allows for easy changes. So, he probably won't charge you time if you pull it off the Dyno and rejet and such off the platform.

If you have a tech do it, remember you are paying per hour and it gets expensive quick.

If you are ever at Pony, I can leave the needles and kit with Justin and you can pick it up. If you need mains, I can get them to someone I know that can loan them to you and you can keep what works. Send back what doesn't...

Hey, you could always have it done here @ Cycle Seach. We have a dyno with a wide-band and can insure that the needles get adjusted for the correct air/fuel. You could even get a before and after dyno reading. Give me a call if you are interested.