Oct29 Cbus fatality - Gender Rd

ReconRat

That area seems to be especially dangerous for bikes. I think that is near where Bill Culp died as well.

Condolences to the family. No matter what the circumstances it's very tragic to see someone go like this.

That area seems to be especially dangerous for bikes. I think that is near where Bill Culp died as well.

Condolences to the family. No matter what the circumstances it's very tragic to see someone go like this.

Both accidents were very close to my dads work on Gender rd. My dad hates that road he said there are so many accidents out there. Says he has gotten use to hearing the fire department go by.....:( pretty sad!

thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends!

I hate reading these stories, but we all need to remember how easy

it is to not notice us in traffic, when there is so much else going on around

you in a cage its very easy to not see us which is why I try to help make

myself as noticable as I can by doing these simple things....

- wear WHITE helmet

- wear really bright yellow (flourescent) windbreaker or hoodie pullover (over my gear)

- always ride with my bright lights on (during the day)

And the most important thing, slow down in busy areas, keep your eyes open and expect the unexpected.

Oh, and don't drink and ride, not even a little bit.

I hate reading these stories' date=' but we all need to remember how easy

it is to [b']not notice us in traffic, when there is so much else going on around

you in a cage its very easy to not see us which is why I try to help make

myself as noticable as I can by doing these simple things....

- wear WHITE helmet

- wear really bright yellow (flourescent) windbreaker or hoodie pullover (over my gear)

- always ride with my bright lights on (during the day)

And the most important thing, slow down in busy areas, keep your eyes open and expect the unexpected.

Oh, and don't drink and ride, not even a little bit.

+1~~~~

Why does it always seem like it is a car trying to turn in front of a bike or cutting a bike off??? That seems to be the most common cause of the accidents I hear about. RIP rider...

Correct. Although it's evenly split between collision with another vehicle, and running off the road in a curve. The two categories account for almost all motorcycle fatalities.

Why does it always seem like it is a car trying to turn in front of a bike or cutting a bike off??? That seems to be the most common cause of the accidents I hear about. RIP rider...

Because I think it IS the most common "bike vs car" scenario.

Besides the fact the most people are to distracted when driving, there is

plenty of science and logic behind the idea of it being harder to see an approaching "smaller" object.

• 3 months later...