Two fighter jets just flew over downtown really low.....

Casper

Actually, they sometimes fly under. I watched one go South on High St, about half way up the Nationwide building. Thought I was seeing things, but from my view, he was behind the federal building. That's low. Bet that rattled some windows.

And yeah, heard them today. I was outside, but they were so low I couldn't see them.

LOL, you must have been smokin something that day

Wonder why they were haulin' a$$ though? Don't they usually do ceremonial fly overs at a slower speed?

2 flew low over the Big House 2 weeks ago at the start of the Penn St. game, piloted by UM grads. Pretty sweet!

Wonder why they were haulin' a$$ though? Don't they usually do ceremonial fly overs at a slower speed?

2 flew low over the outHouse 2 weeks ago at the start of the Penn St. game, piloted by UM grads. Pretty sweet!

..fixed.:p

Nope, I even got the tail squadron insignia and looked it up. I think it was a visiting squadron from Europe. I forget, but I thought it was either Belgium or Netherlands. Or so I thought at the time. That was maybe five years ago.

2 flew low over the Big House 2 weeks ago at the start of the Penn St. game, piloted by UM grads. Pretty sweet!

Flight rules for over urban areas, are that the velocities have to be higher at the lower altitudes. The lower you go, the faster you go. That allows the aircraft to leave a densely populated area even if the engine is out. Ballistic. This all requires special permission from the FAA beforehand. Helicopters excluded, sort of. The flight downtown, was lower than others I've seen. Errr.. I couldn't see them they were so low.

Just last year the governor was taken on a joy ride through downtown. It was so low I could read the numbers on the bottom of the wings. It went between buildings. The news did a story about it. A lot of people were calling 911 thinking it was going down it was so low. Nope, just another giant waste of money.

August 3, 2006 - Possible Dutch F-16 training unit at Springfield AB, Ohio

The F-16 I remember was probably from this training squadron.

How many people remember the ANG A-7 Corsair II that flew IN the open end of the horseshoe and pulled up?

During a football game?