I saw a horror movie in my rear view mirror today

magifesq

I was going from Delaware to Fremont after work and on rt 23 north around 5:20+/- I saw a pretty scary wreck. I was in the left lane passing a few vehicles going about 70mph. I passed the last pickup truck (brown) and was about 2 car lengths ahead when I heard an odd noise behind me like something was wrong with tires (ie locking up or roll-on burnouts). I looked in my rear view mirror just in time to see a blue smallish car like a Subaru or Neon type car pull from the right lane 90 degrees into the left lane to be struck by a big ol' black SUV - they both went rolling in the median. Lots of cars slowed down and stopped presumably to help. If I were not heading to a meeting I was already 2 hours behind getting to I would have stopped as well, however since numerous cars were there I felt there was plenty of help, so I prayed for the safety of the occupants of both vehicles.

I bing'd & google'd up the hwy, city, and accident but got nothing. Can anyone else find a link?

Findley Courier - US Route 23 crash injures 3

UPPER SANDUSKY -- Three people from Upper Sandusky were injured in a two-vehicle accident at 4:51 p.m. Saturday on U.S. 23's Sandusky River bridge, north of County Highway 121 near Upper Sandusky.

Richard O. Clark, 71, Sue A. Clark, 70, and Daniel A. Clark Jr., 16, were northbound on U.S. 23 in a 1999 Chevy Trailblazer when a 2002 Subaru Impreza, driven by Daniel A. Reese, 19, of Mansfield, hit the rear of Richard Clark's vehicle, said Deputy Richard Kesler from the Wyandot County Sheriff's Office.

The Clarks' SUV went off the side of the road and overturned in the median, landing on the driver's side. The car was destroyed.

Richard Clark suffered a neck fracture and broken rib, Kesler reported, and Sue Clark's neck may be fractured. Both were taken by helicopter to St. Vincent's Mercy Medical Center in Toledo.

Daniel Clark Jr. has a broken collar bone and was treated and released at Wyandot Memorial Hospital, Kesler said. All were wearing seat belts.

Kesler said Reese was northbound on U.S. 23 when he changed from the left lane to the right lane, swerved off the right side of the road, struck a guardrail on the Sandusky River bridge, then bounced off the guardrail and collided with the Clarks' SUV.

Reese's car went into the median and slid to a stop, Kesler said. Reese was cited for failure to control his vehicle.

Two passengers in the Reese vehicle were not injured.

Note that this kid was probably approaching fast from behind you.

I'm not a big fan of surprises from behind me.

Yeah, that could of been really bad!!!!

Glad to hear they all made it.

Last December I was on 270 on my way to kickboxing class and there was a fatality involving two SUV's that occurred not too far behind me. Scared the crap outta me to suddenly see headlights turn around and face the other way. Then all the sudden there was no traffic behind me.

Scary stuff!

I remember the guy in front of me looking in his rear view mirror at me and we were both thanking our lucky stars we weren't in the midst of all that.

Glad you're okay!!!!!

I'm glad to see everyone survived, sounds like the kid had too much car for his skills

Too much car??? Sounds like he would have done the same thing in a Prius. He misjudged and went off the road and struck a guard rail first.

Probably did the dumbass Driver's Ed look over your shoulder as you get ready to merge... God forbid they use mirrors...