My first time down a drag strip.

Casper

Cool :cool: Try laying down directly on the tank already in tuck when you launch next time Ben and find that sweet spot where you're in the powerband almost but can also keep it down. I will be hitting the strip often next year when I get the ZX14 and I'm still going to do trackdays too with it.:banana:

I wanted to be easy on the clutch, so I was feeling it out. Launched around 3500, and it immediately bogged down. But did ya see me catch that Busa? That was funnier than fuck.

Only good I get out of going to the drag strip is practice my starts... after that,, I just do a wheelie down the straight!

Yup. You can't really tell in the video, but my front wasn't on the ground for 90% of the 1/4 mile. I tried to keep it down, it just didn't want to play nice.

Technically anyways isn't a word. Just anyway. Thought I'd point that out since you're always right :p

Actually, it is a word.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/anyways.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/anyways

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anyways

It isn't formal, however it is a word. Neither anyways nor anyway should be used, but that's neither here nor there.

Come on, bring it. I love grammar trivia.

I wanted to be easy on the clutch, so I was feeling it out. Launched around 3500, and it immediately bogged down. But did ya see me catch that Busa? That was funnier than fuck.

you got me excited as i love to see 1000s beat busas in the 1/4 mile, but then i watched the video and watched him take off after you caught him. :(

• 1 month later...

ben... stretch it and a little dry shot will do this for u p.s the green 1 but i think u was at norwalk<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="

"></param><param">
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ben... stretch it and a little dry shot will do this for u p.s the green 1 but i think u was at norwalk<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="
"></param><param">
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Yeah, I was at Norwalk. My best time was a 10.14 at 147. I only pulled that once, and I have no idea how I did it. The rest of my runs were 10.80s at 135+ with the strap and 11.10s in the 120s without the strap.

Yeah I want to take my race 1k down, but I just put a new set of Race tires on and don't want to waste them.

My worst problem is that my first day at the drag strip was my best getting my 60 ft into the 1.9s and now I can't duplicate it. With a best time of 11.38, and all I could muster earlier this year was 2.0s at 11.5 on my 600.

I had one great start this year against the 1000s at the first race and was 2nd into turn one (and stayed there all race).

• 3 months later...
Yeah, I was at Norwalk. My best time was a 10.14 at 147. I only pulled that once, and I have no idea how I did it. The rest of my runs were 10.80s at 135+ with the strap and 11.10s in the 120s without the strap.

Norwalk huh? ive ran my bike their several times... im not a fan of drag racing and i discovered its way more fun to drink then stand in line for 6 hours and get maybe 3 or 4 runs...

Norwalk huh? ive ran my bike their several times... im not a fan of drag racing and i discovered its way more fun to drink then stand in line for 6 hours and get maybe 3 or 4 runs...

When we do track rentals, I'll get 50 - 60 passes in.

You must have been at Edgewater on Test and Tune on Friday night.

Yeah that is how it is down there with them Redneck SOBs...

I hear Tri State is more linear and treat bikes better.