hid projector retro fit

Hoblick

who has done it?

what did it cost you?

and do you wanna help?

on my R6 it had projectors in it already, granted they werent the best projectors, but when i put the DDM hid kit in it worked great compared to what a standard headlight housing does (scattered light)

i want to get some HIDs for the viffer, but i wont do it unless i can retro fit some projectors in it.

basically what im looking for is some projectors for halogen bulbs, H4, H7 whatever.

reason being i really like the DDM HID kits, they are a great price, install is super easy (plug and play and work with factory wiring),reliable, and i had them on the r6 so i have experince with them.

I used Projectors for a R1, only because another member on the zx10 board did it first....so I head some help before hand.....

I really liked the look on the projectors but they bounce a bit.....so I need to fab up some brackets to hold them better....

1026061432.jpg

1026061432a.jpg

1026061531.jpg

I used Projectors for a R1, only because another member on the zx10 board did it first....so I head some help before hand.....

I really liked the look on the projectors but they bounce a bit.....so I need to fab up some brackets to hold them better....

1026061432.jpg

1026061432a.jpg

1026061531.jpg

what did the projectors cost you?

what did you have total in your project.

and do you have a write up on how to do it.

also where did you source the projectors from

i really dont feel like fucking my lights up, and i would like them to come out straight and actually improve lighting.

any help would be appreciated

Edited by Hoblick

my neighbor makes retrofit applications for a living, brings in good money too with his fucking M3 and GT2 in a campus apt garage...

i can talk to him if you'd like, but i have a feeling with your skills you will just end up DIY.

ask him what he would charge.

its got four bulbs in it now, but i want jsut where the low beams are to be converted

as long as i can use h4 or h7 style bulb in it. so that way i can just order a DDM tuning HID kit for one of those style.

do you have any pics of his work?

no i dont sorry.

i can ask him when i go back to my apartment tomorrow, but im not sure if he will be home since its break for osu. we all get back jan 4th if you can wait til then.

i thought i remember him saying he sources his projectors from a bmw supplier, i could be wrong tho.

what did the projectors cost you?

what did you have total in your project.

and do you have a write up on how to do it.

also where did you source the projectors from

i really dont feel like fucking my lights up, and i would like them to come out straight and actually improve lighting.

any help would be appreciated

I got my two R1 lights from someone that wrecked....= Free

I just got in there and was guessing alot of the build....but that is what I do...

I removed the projectors and just ran the HID kits on the factory looking headlight.

I would get Shitty to help you....he has some good fabbin' skills....

I will help you guys....but dont do the R1 lights....pretty big lights also

i have a shit ton of room in my headlights for whatever i decide to go with.

VFR_2D060604_2D074242_2D112_small.jpg

im only wanting to put projectors in the lower part of each headlight. that is the low beam. ill leave the high beam the way it is.

i just want something similar to the r1 projectors.

since it will still accept a halogen style bulb.

like i said i like the ddm tuning hid kit that i had in my r6 and would like to order a similar kit for whatever projectors i get.

i have a shit ton of room in my headlights for whatever i decide to go with.

VFR_2D060604_2D074242_2D112_small.jpg

im only wanting to put projectors in the lower part of each headlight. that is the low beam. ill leave the high beam the way it is.

i just want something similar to the r1 projectors.

since it will still accept a halogen style bulb.

like i said i like the ddm tuning hid kit that i had in my r6 and would like to order a similar kit for whatever projectors i get.

if you could find picks of a retrofit in a vfr that would help. It is easier and much less costly to let someone else fuck it up first, and learn from their mistakes

if you could find picks of a retrofit in a vfr that would help. It is easier and much less costly to let someone else fuck it up first, and learn from their mistakes

+1, have you checked the VFR forums for the retrofits? I think it'll look great with some projectors tho! Cant wait to see a DIY thread. :metal:

Check this retrofit.....

I trying to talk to Chaz...so he can rock this next season

Stock is on the left...retrofit is on the right....= Hottness

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0777-1.jpg

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60297&highlight=retro

Edited by BornSinner

Check this retrofit.....

I trying to talk to Chaz...so he can rock this next season

Stock is on the left...retrofit is on the right....= Hottness

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0777-1.jpg

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60297&highlight=retro

i looked at that kit, but didnt know how good there ballast and bulbs are.

i may be going that route.