Weekend in the dirt.....

Putty

I did some riding in PA this weekend. There are some nice trails and hill climbs back in my old stomping grounds...

The tree I up-rooted:

IMG_1555.jpg

Looking down from a hill climb:

IMG_1559.jpg

A couple of scenic pics from atop a slag dump

IMG_1561.jpg

Homemade race track

IMG_1560.jpg

A tough hill climb that we did...I dont think the picture does it justice.

IMG_1569.jpg

A very tough hill climb my buddy did, it was practically straight up/down. (I wussed out)

IMG_1566.jpg

i didnt know you guys ride rode dirtbikes.. i have 2 tracks at my parents house an hour north of here if u ever want to ride! the bigger supercross track has a 40 bike starting gate. (i used to have a honda factory ride)

Yeah...we didnt have bikes/quads until 1 week ago. :D

And I will take you up on that offer of riding at your parents' house.

This saturday we're supposed to go down to Wayne Nat'l Forest. Not sure on the specifics. We still need to buy the permit.

Yeah...we didnt have bikes/quads until 1 week ago. :D

And I will take you up on that offer of riding at your parents' house.

This saturday we're supposed to go down to Wayne Nat'l Forest. Not sure on the specifics. We still need to buy the permit.

I thought we were headed to hocking.. according to ously, I think we need to veto heading south and head up to his parents place... :):)

That sucks because I dont know if I can get the title transfered into my name and register the bike by then.. according to the info link you posted, you have to have the bike BMV registered to ride there which means you must have the title in your name and registered with the BMV with proof of insurance before being able to get a sticker for the trail.

This is getting to be a big hassle.

According to Wayne NF website (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/recreation_sites/trail_permits/trail_permit.html#WHERE%20DO%20I%20GET%20THE%20PERMIT%20FROM)

we will need two permits to ride.

DO I STILL NEED A State of Ohio All-Purpose-Vehicle (APV) STICKER?

Yes. In addition, State of Ohio legislation (House Bill 611) requires owners of All Purpose Vehicles (APVs) and off highway motorcycles to obtain certificates of title for their vehicles prior to new registration or renewal of their registration. Registration stickers are obtained from the State of Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). Out-of-state visitors must purchase either a temporary registration or a standard Ohio motorized registration from the Ohio BMV. Click here to see the law (amended on June 30, 2005). Ohio APV registration is available at the nearest Bureau of Motor Vehicles office. The Wayne National Forest does not receive any funding from the sale of the State of Ohio APV stickers.

NOTE: The Wayne National Forest (WNF) All-purpose Trail Permit is different from the State of Ohio APV registration sticker. Wayne National Forest's All-purpose Trail Permit may be purchased from any WNF district offices or local participating vendors. The State of Ohio APV registration sticker, however, can only be obtained from your State BMV offices. Riders are required to obtain both the WNF trail permit and the State of Ohio APV registration sticker before riding WNF trails. Click here for information on what you need to obtain an APV sticker. (note: both this link and the one below leave the Wayne website.)

So, we'll need a APV and WNF. I'm guessing we'll need proof of insurance...but I hope i'm wrong. I'm going to the BMV tomorrow. hopefully they'll steer me in the right direction.

Here's the BMV information.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/misc/APV.htm