Boarding/Skiing - Seven Springs, PA - Sat. Jan. 23, 2010

OsuMj

If anyone is interested in going boarding/skiing, we're heading to Seven Springs in PA this weekend. Let me know if anyone else is interested in going. Probably will board Saturday all day, then stay & partay Saturday night.

Hoping that the weather will be good for it.

MAP (from C'bus) - 3.5 hr drive

Been there, it's a great place. Watch out for ski and/or board newb classes flying down the hill and crashing into people. I think I saw three broken bones in less than 20 seconds. And two out of control newbs barely missed me. That was the classes later in the day when it was crowded everywhere. In the middle at the bridge is where it happened. They all just went ballistic and couldn't stop. Just crashing everywhere.

That's a thousand foot drop at Seven Springs, it's very nice. In some places it drops really fast. Some slopes there definitely earn that skull and cross bones.

Lots of people come over there from the DC and Virginia area. Lots of semi-expensive chalets. It can be East coast cosmopolitan at times, so bring your best stuff.

Funny story: I was there skiing through the trees where it's quiet, cutting over to a different lift, and a guy in front of me vanished. He fell through snow over a ravine, into a tiny stream. It was deeper than he was tall. It was completely covered over, but hollowed out, and we couldn't see it. No water, but he had a great time getting back out of there.

Been there, it's a great place. Watch out for ski and/or board newb classes flying down the hill and crashing into people. I think I saw three broken bones in less than 20 seconds. And two out of control newbs barely missed me. That was the classes later in the day when it was crowded everywhere. In the middle at the bridge is where it happened. They all just went ballistic and couldn't stop. Just crashing everywhere.

That's a thousand foot drop at Seven Springs, it's very nice. In some places it drops really fast. Some slopes there definitely earn that skull and cross bones.

Lots of people come over there from the DC and Virginia area. Lots of semi-expensive chalets. It can be East coast cosmopolitan at times, so bring your best stuff.

Funny story: I was there skiing through the trees where it's quiet, cutting over to a different lift, and a guy in front of me vanished. He fell through snow over a ravine, into a tiny stream. It was deeper than he was tall. It was completely covered over, but hollowed out, and we couldn't see it. No water, but he had a great time getting back out of there.

Def some steep slopes, and the slow ones are too slow and about as wide as your hallway. Had a hell of a time there a few back. 19° and fresh snow. Nowhere close to powder but it did slow some of the out of control skiers.

Def some steep slopes, and the slow ones are too slow and about as wide as your hallway. Had a hell of a time there a few back. 19° and fresh snow. Nowhere close to powder but it did slow some of the out of control skiers.

Umm, yeah, the beginner's slopes were not the place to be. The intermediate were good, but the advanced were great for me. Maybe that was just to avoid the crowds. There was only one advanced, the max steep one with the moguls in the steep part, that gave me a thumping. And again, I was trying to make downhill racer skis do moguls. It doesn't work well. I did get some high speed and some great jumps. I like jumping. If the hill had been a bit higher so I could have jumped over the mogul field, I would have been very happy.

If I ever get out skiing again, I hope I'm not that aggressive.

Was just there two weekends ago when they had just gotten like 30 inches. Will def go back when I can. Some of the runs were getting moguled up but had a blast out there in all the pow. They were still working on the superpipe at the time but it was huge. Can't make it this weekend but will be at Mammoth the next. :)