iPhone OS 4.0

Casper

I'm waiting for a Droid based phone, unless apple will let me do flash, open non apple file types and let me use my phone as I see fit, I'm not to excited

:confused:

The Flash thing I'll give you, but Flash sucks. Open non-Apple file types? I use Office documents, PDFs, etc daily.

Rumor has it the next iPhone will have a user replaceable battery. I could care less either way. The only phone I've ever had to replace a battery on was my Razr. Go figure.

Funny enough my Droid is the only phone I haven't needed a replacement for or felt the need for a second. That would be great if the IPhone is finally getting one.

Casper.. I hear ya on that one! My wife and I had razers and had to replace the battery on them 2 times! BTW, I just jumped ship and went with the Iphone 3gs! I'm so happy with it, why the hell didn't I switch from verizon to at&t sooner! I get coverage at all the places I'm at where my crappy verizon phone would not, and I can do so much more!

I got the wife one as well and can't get her off the damn thing! :)

“A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.

...“put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”

Ummm huh? Good for them, but at this point they're playing catch up on most of the important features. Multi-tasking? Welcome to 3 years ago... It's not more like a computer than any android phone, especially since Flash is hitting Droid soon. I want Hulu on my phone!

This right here is one of the reasons I respect Apple, but don't really want in on the mentality:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124908121794098073.html

Alright so that's an old article, but I hadn't heard about it until recently

Edited by V4junkie

It's funny how all you Apple haters find it so easy to bash us who enjoy Apple products, but rarely if ever do we jump your shit for using Windows or Verizon.

I'm not jumping shit so much as making an observation. We followers of the Empire don't wet our pants every Tuesday when the Emperor releases patches.

I'm not jumping shit so much as making an observation. We followers of the Empire don't wet our pants every Tuesday when the Emperor releases patches.

The Emperor releases patches every Tuesday to fix security problems, not add new features to your device. You DO wet your pants when a major release is let out to the wild. This includes new OSes and SPs. My God, I remember win XP SP2 came out. You'd think it was covered in gold because MS finally got USB to work reliably.

Wasn't talking about Windows Mobile amigo.

It's an iPhone thread, figured that was a more logical assumption than bringing desktop/notebooks into it

It's funny how all you Apple haters find it so easy to bash us who enjoy Apple products, but rarely if ever do we jump your shit for using Windows or Verizon.

Have you SEEN Apple's commercials?

Maybe it's just me but my W7 notebook updates several times a week with security issues and what not.

And just fir fun, I don't remember there being news coverage of people camping out for W7, but 'snow lepoard'... That was a different story.

Apple makes good products. Overpriced, but you get what you pay for. IMHO, I find more snobs in the Apple camp than the MS camp. I guess you could say the MS camp has more lemmings...which exists in the Apple camp as well, but at least the Apple lemmings have quality products to jizz on.

I don't have anything against the iPhone...it's AT&T and Apple's cock blocking lock on the OS I despise. Mainly AT&T though. If/when it's available on another provider, I'll take a look. Until then, my next phone will most likely be an Android based phone. Someone will have to convince me to give up my Sprint SERO account though.

Ehh I have mixed feelings about the whole Mac/Pc thing. I'd like a Mac because they are reliable and a quality product but the price point is too high for my taste. Their commercials annoy the shit out of me because I get tired of hearing them bash pc's for flaws that really don't exist anymore. As far as the new iPhone os...I won't get excited until they can jailbreak it.

And a lot of them are apparently working in corporate here . . . not allowed to DL other browsers. ARGH!

I understand that policy....I don't like it, but from a support standpoint I understand it.

I don't use IE. It's usually FireFox for me.

But yeah...corporate America is stuck on MS like it was crack.