no-hatin drag se....

slowbusa

From a complete outsider's point of view:

I don't know either of the involved parties (Brian, the promoter, and Burt, the racer) nor do I know Exit Wounds.

Exit's friend didn't get all of his payout, and the payout seems to have been 2 different amounts, one that Brian posted, and one that someone else posted up somewhere. Brian talked to the two affected parties and came to an agreement to pay the higher amount - not the one he promised, but one that someone else promised.

Brian has said he has the additional money in hand and has made arrangements to get the money to Burt, either via the post office or the next time they see each other.

Sounds like a plan to me. As long as Brian does what he has said he will do, then everyone should be happy.

Brian's postings here make him seem like a stand-up guy. He's not running from the "controversy", he's addressing it and attempting to make the aggrieved party whole (a little legal lingo for Redkow...).

As that famous advocate for peace, Rodney King, once said: "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along?"

As a side note to Brian: On your flyer the "Club Presidents free" and "Color Count for Most Repped Bike Club" sounds to me as if the Hell's Angels, Outlaws, et al will be in attendance. My 9 year old loves drag racing, but if that's the crowd that you're trying to attract then that's going to keep some "family" types (including me and Jr.) away. Of course, we won't buy nearly as much beer and thus add to your concession sales as much as "bikers" would, but we probably will buy more Dippin' Dots and cotton candy!

LOL!

My 6 and 8 year olds come to every race, they too love drag racing. Matter of fact I had a $10 kids quad class that allowed them to make passes (1/8 mile) and gave all the kids that participate $10 prize money!

(They dont realize that it's dad's $10 enty fee that get back).

Anyhoo the race is very family oriented and most of the bikers in clubs bring kids as well.

Dippin' Dots!! Now there's an idea. Too bad I dont get concessions!! LOL

Edited by bdubb

• 2 years later...

Dragging this shit up from 2010 again... sorry but wanted to give an update to anyone that cares.

(bdubb) took care of the issues of payout a while back as far as the Burt’s go, only way to fix it. Thanks for making things right.

Also... in no small part to the above, and some "motivation" from Himes I made the trek to Muncie this last weekend for their Fall race and had an very good time. When things were working with the track it was a smooth program. Not much sitting around at all which is not what I've been used to at other race programs. Not so many rules to make things too restrictive, and a pain in the ass which ups the "good time" factor in my book.

The smak talk during the grudge races was a much more entertaining than I imagined.

So... as I said earlier, I wish you guy’s success and it looks as if you guys are on the right track. I'll be out next year...

Edited by Exit Wounds