Google Chrome on Fedora 11

Casper

I've been using it on Crunchbang (#!), a.k.a. Ubuntu 9.04 with Openbox, for 3 or so weeks.

Love it. Loads in maybe a quarter second where Firefox is about 4 or 5 seconds.

Set the Home Page to the "use new tab" option - my favorite feature, tied with the speed pages are rendered.

Get the occasional (twice, maybe 3 times) lock up trying to play some pr0n video but other than that it's good.

I've been using it on Crunchbang (#!), a.k.a. Ubuntu 9.04 with Openbox, for 3 or so weeks.

Love it. Loads in maybe a quarter second where Firefox is about 4 or 5 seconds.

Set the Home Page to the "use new tab" option - my favorite feature, tied with the speed pages are rendered.

Get the occasional (twice, maybe 3 times) lock up trying to play some pr0n video but other than that it's good.

Several of the extensions seem to crash, but it doesn't effect the browser. I dig that.

Several of the extensions seem to crash, but it doesn't effect the browser. I dig that.

I'd make a comment about how nice the penguin is but I'd be labeled a zealot, trying to spread my religion, when I <should> know that I can't do anything on Linux except maybe run Apache, and only then if it's on a server, at a corporation. :rulez:

debian squeeze-me, please-me ....

need more testing but start up to browse is faster than firefox but page loads are close to being on-par (bit faster in chrome), some javascript runs faster, but some also crashes...

**Compared with firefox with browsingsafety features off, pipelining enabled, cache parent_directory set to a tmpfs (ram), ipv6 disabled, and a few other tweaks.

The new tab home page is like opera's ... no big deal... but clean and functional, been using opera more often (over firefox) b/c of this feature ... don't like how the last tab being closed,closes browser, maybe should close the page and return to a new tab ... leave the closing of the browser to program close "X" ...

*edit - firefox 3.6 has been released - for having "enhancements" .. not impressed with speed. Still playing though.

Edited by skrewloose