Bolts Drilled?

Chrome

Anyone know who does it? Does everybody normally do it themselves? Looking into a new drill press and looking for different ways to use it. Might be getting into the bolt drilling for race tech inspection. All input is appreciated.

I just did this myself over the week for the most part. Get some good quality Titanium bits or Carbon. I tried the standard ones and they just don't work very well. I don't have many tools...so I used a pair of vice grips on the bolts and fixed it up and a 3/32 ti bit and some motor oil for cutting lube.

I started with taking everything loose and torquing it back to spec. Then took a sharpy and marked where each bolt would need drilled correctly on each side. Then took a starter punch and dented the bolts.(This really does make it easier). Then drill through slowly so you don't get too much heat.

When doing the concave bolts, just drill through on each side. I tried going all the way through once and snapped the bit quickly as it just bends the bit upwards. All in all, it took maybe 30mi for (4) pinch bolts, front axle nut, rear axle+nut, radiator cap, oil filter hook-up point, oil drain plug.

If you want to buy the set, I believe Ed Bargy sells kits on his site for around $30-40.

Edited by SJC1000rr