Legal question...

Casper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wreckless op, felony evading, etc. almost any traffic violation would stick getting clocked like that..
If you want to go fast, I would recommend a Valentine 1. It will pay itself off fast. I've got one but still keep the speed to a resonable amount. It can pick radar up before all the other detectors.

No evading or fleeing. That's the point, to get clocked and pulled over. Comply with the officers completely. I think only the ROMV charge would apply.

Yea, There was bad history between the officer and I, but yes. I still got fucked! 102 in a 55... Pulled over within 500 yards into the first neighborhood I saw - it was through a muddy part of the road with no shoulder so I chose the subdivision. dont feel like going into details. If someone wants to have a campfire and smoores I will tell this and other ghost stories! :banana:

name the place and I'll be there! if your being serious and just for you satan I'll leave my camera out of arms reach! Just incase Jim, Jack or whoever you were good friends with the other night decides to shows up again! :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet, I did ask a family memeber who is Sgt.for the OSHP and this is what he said.....that person would go to jail, lose his/her license for a year minimum, charged with reckless ops, lose the bike, and the fine would be a minimum of 2000.00 just wanted to give you some info from someone on the other side...instead of everyone throwing stuff out! Yet what I did read most of you guys were right on top of the law! Not that my gixxer can go that fast but for the few that have cars/bikes that can sounds like a lot of shit to get into for one quick fix!

Yet, I did ask a family memeber who is Sgt.for the OSHP and this is what he said.....that person would go to jail, lose his/her license for a year minimum, charged with reckless ops, lose the bike, and the fine would be a minimum of 2000.00 just wanted to give you some info from someone on the other side...instead of everyone throwing stuff out! Yet what I did read most of you guys were right on top of the law! Not that my gixxer can go that fast but for the few that have cars/bikes that can sounds like a lot of shit to get into for one quick fix!

Those penalties aren't for a ROMV. So what's the charge? This is where I'm confused. How can you be charged with a ROMV, but get penalties exceeding the maximum? The max for an M1 is 6pts, 6mos in jail, 1yr loss of license, and $1000 fine. So, are they charging you with a felony? If so, how? What's the charge?

...The max for an M1 is 6pts, 6mos in jail, 1yr loss of license, and $1000 fine.................

lol yea i think i have been up against that one before (gahanna sucks )..and that is the max for a M1......just think, one more "step" and its a felony.....

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

Those penalties aren't for a ROMV. So what's the charge? This is where I'm confused. How can you be charged with a ROMV, but get penalties exceeding the maximum? The max for an M1 is 6pts, 6mos in jail, 1yr loss of license, and $1000 fine. So, are they charging you with a felony? If so, how? What's the charge?

Seriously who the hell cares.. your bike wont run 200mph and unless you plan on getting caught at a crazy speed on the highway.. dont worry about it.. if your thinking about doing some crazy run and you get caught, let us know what they fine you with..

ultimately alot will depend on who the cop and judge are and what kind of mood they are in.. These types of hypothetical questions are horse shit..

The correct answer is. "THERE IS NO SINGLE RIGHT ANSWER"

Seriously who the hell cares.. your bike wont run 200mph and unless you plan on getting caught at a crazy speed on the highway.. dont worry about it.. if your thinking about doing some crazy run and you get caught, let us know what they fine you with..

ultimately alot will depend on who the cop and judge are and what kind of mood they are in.. These types of hypothetical questions are horse shit..

There has to be a specific charge. I'm asking what it would be. There has to be a single correct answer. And my bike will do 200 with a minor gear change, but I'm not asking about me and my bike.

I hate to be that guy, but if you are going 200mph and get clocked by a cop...might as well maintain speed because if it takes him longer than 20s to get moving, you'll already be more than a mile away and out of sight. Plus, if you pull over - most likely you are screwed...and if you keep going (with a chance of getting away) - but you get caught, that's right, you guessed it, you are still screwed. I've heard stories from people saying they were going over 100mph and pulled over for the cop...the cop told them to just slow it down and let them go without anything, but this was in NE Ohio - NOT Columbus. It seems like in Columbus, a lot of the coppers aren't very nice to Sport Bikes even if you are just cruising, hanging out, or testing to see if the bike does what it's maker says it can do :grin: haha.

Seriously who the hell cares..

I'll agree flounder! Not to mention what I posted earlier in this was someones actual sentence/fines. This person in my family is the one who pulled the guy over going over 150, and that is what this kid faced.