Legal question...

Casper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.saltflats.com

It's $395 to register for the World of Speed.

only way to really know if it will go that fast is to try it. My bet is you will stop at around 180 beacause all it takes is a pebble and you could be in serious trouble. My guess is you will have to be going somewhere in the ballpark of 220 - 230 to be clocked at 200, if not more. My speedo is off 10 mph at gps indicated 80.

only way to really know if it will go that fast is to try it. My bet is you will stop at around 180 beacause all it takes is a pebble and you could be in serious trouble. My guess is you will have to be going somewhere in the ballpark of 220 - 230 to be clocked at 200, if not more. My speedo is off 10 mph at gps indicated 80.
Supposedly stock the ZX10R has been GPS verified to 188. I think I should be able to at least hit 190s, if I don't piss myself first. I wonder if depends fit under my leathers.......

Supposedly stock the ZX10R has been GPS verified to 188. I think I should be able to at least hit 190s, if I don't piss myself first. I wonder if depends fit under my leathers.......

I dunno 180 is FAST!!! I wish you luck if you do try it. We don't need another motorcycle fatality.

The legal question and the debate of if my bike will do it are completely seperate FYI. If I were to do it, I'd do it at the salt flats. The legal question was in regard to a news article I was reading about a guy getting busted doing 205 in Texas.

The legal question and the debate of if my bike will do it are completely seperate FYI. If I were to do it, I'd do it at the salt flats. The legal question was in regard to a news article I was reading about a guy getting busted doing 205 in Texas.

The answer to your question is Reckless Ops. They MAY say that you were Fleeing (F3) but in the hypothetical sense, if you pulled over immediately (for the sake of arguement) Reckless is all that you could/should be charged with. I think the BMV has the discretion to suspend your license for however long they want. So even if the court does not take it away at all, the BMV may take it away forever. Having a driver's license is a privilege and not a right so says the United States Supreme Court.

Have fun with that Satan... and please post video if you do it or know someone who will/can.

was it some kid on an RC51 from a few years ago? If so, I heard a report a few years ago about it and they found that plane or helicopter who timed him miscalculated and he got off with just a big a$$ fine and lost license