1,416 speeding tickets last year to drivers going more than 100 mph

fusion

okay im not a fan of extremely high speeds but can't stand going the speed limit. I like how they bring up the 14% of accidents are related to high speeds. What about the other 60 some other thousand accidents. If they make us retake a drivers course, what about the older people in cars. A 70 year old lady pulled out in front of my friend after looking both ways at a stop sign and killed him instantly (only going 45). Did she get say 8 points on her license and have to retake her drivers course? The officials don't want motorcycles and they will do everyhing to keep us off them.

I would like to see how many of those 14% were motorcycles. Way more get in wrecks going below the speed limit and the accident not being their fault. Do they ever do a write up on that?

As long as I've got tailights in front of me they will never catch me.

I'm a fan of retesting every so many years. It's amazing how many people on the road just can't drive worth a crap.

I had an old lady tell me once that I was hard to see on my bike and I felt a chill. I wonder how she's going to see a little kid that might be on their bicycle or accidentally wander near or into the street if she can't even see me.

The highest I have been ticketed for is 87.

I'm a fan of retesting every so many years. It's amazing how many people on the road just can't drive worth a crap.

I had an old lady tell me once that I was hard to see on my bike and I felt a chill. I wonder how she's going to see a little kid that might be on their bicycle or accidentally wander near or into the street if she can't even see me.

The highest I have been ticketed for is 87.

+1 on the old lady and the same here for the speeding ticket.. highest is 87 in a 65 zone

Highest I've gotten was back in 1996 in a 1993 5.0 mustang, 115mph in a 50mph zone. I got a $200 ticket and nothing else. Judge dropped the wreckless operation because he said I didn't deserve it because I was in my lane and not driving recklessly, just speeding. At 18 years old, I was happy as hell!

Now on this topic, this type of reaction from law officials just creates more runners. Seriously, why would anyone WANT to stop if they know they are fucked anyways. It's a hard topic for sure.

In England a guy just got caught speeding in a Porsche. It is the fastest anyone (in a car) has been caught for speeding in England, 172mph

He took the card from his work on his day off after his boss had told him he was not aloud to for any reason take it out.

He lost his licence, got jail time, major fines & lost his job.... sucks to be him

The fasted a bike has been caught over there was 178 on a ZZR1100 I think it was.

i wish i was as lucky as you nick. i have had my license suspended twice 1 for a 68 in a 35 and the other time was for flipping a car :postcop:

but yeah i was 16 and i thouight i was top dog when i was on the streets, i still speed but who doesnt? not nearly as bad as i used to but what can i say.

Oh, don't get me wrong e-flores. From 16-18, I had hellatious tickets and a so many suspensions that judge Goldie in Greene county cut up my license and I had to re-take the driving test when I turned 18 to get my license back. I started off on the wrong foot in the car at 16...lol.