Ethical Hacking Class - Anyone interested?

flounder

Any one interested in taking an ethical hacking class with the ability to get your Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certificationat the end.. Come on.. I know some of you IT people get allotments for training from your companies.

Detailed Course Outline

http://www.eccouncil.org/Course-Outline/Ethical%20Hacking%20and%20Countermeasures%20Course.htm

No, Im not organizing.. Its a class being offered in November. I know a few people on here are IT individuals with continuing education budgets so I thought I would post the course for those interested. My work has agreed to send me. Im currently studying for my CISSP as well but I figure the CEH will make a nice addition to the CISA I already have. I plan on getting a forensics certification as well but that will be after the CISSP.

uuugh, just reading your list makes me cringe. Nothing worse than having your data dumped and held for ransome. I'm running 2 firewalls, I think I should put my ipcop system backup.

It sucks finding junk left over from hackers in your servers.

my list or the list of items on the course description?

What type of data is on the servers you manage?

No, Im not organizing.. Its a class being offered in November. I know a few people on here are IT individuals with continuing education budgets so I thought I would post the course for those interested. My work has agreed to send me. Im currently studying for my CISSP as well but I figure the CEH will make a nice addition to the CISA I already have. I plan on getting a forensics certification as well but that will be after the CISSP.

I'm thinking of doing the SANS conference in New Orleans in January for their forensics class. My only problem is that will probably conflict with my CISSP studying. I'm supposed to do that in jan/feb, assuming I finish my CCSP in December. I was wanting to skip the vendor cert, but my boss has a difference of opinion. Next year should be the year of certs for me, CISSP to start, the the GIAC forensics, and rounding out with CCNP and CCDP. I wonder if they actually expect me to have time to work. Oh yeah, and throw in a month or two of extra travel while I train our Regional Security Officers in Incident Handling.

Oh, and I would like to compare notes with you after the course to see what material they covered that SANS didn't in their course.

The course description is listed for the materials they will cover. obviously its lot of material and some things will be skipped. they do however give you step by step instructions as well as all of the tools used in the lab so that you can re build a copy of the lab environment at home

....ok lets get a few MORE 3-4 letter acronyms in this post can we???

:lol::lol::lol:

CISA, CISSP, SSCP, CCNA, CEH, CISM, CIA, CIW, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCSP, CCNP, CCVP, ICAD, ICASA, ICSA, OCA, OCP, OCM, J2SA, SCNA, SCSA, CAPM, PMP, CWAP, CWNA, CWNE, CWSP, CTP, NCNE, CNA, CNE, RHCE, RHCT, CIFI, CFCE, CEECS,GCFA, AIS

Do you need more.. and yes these are all IT certifications. And I left out the stupid microsoft and A+ certs.

CISA, CISSP, SSCP, CCNA, CEH, CISM, CIA, CIW, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCSP, CCNP, CCVP, ICAD, ICASA, ICSA, OCA, OCP, OCM, J2SA, SCNA, SCSA, CAPM, PMP, CWAP, CWNA, CWNE, CWSP, CTP, NCNE, CNA, CNE, RHCE, RHCT, CIFI, CFCE, CEECS,GCFA, AIS

Do you need more.. and yes these are all IT certifications. And I left out the stupid microsoft and A+ certs.

...lol....OMG!!!!! damn computer geeks!!! :) ...and you tried to SNEAK a 5 letter one in there, no fair!!!! :slap:

The course description is listed for the materials they will cover. obviously its lot of material and some things will be skipped. they do however give you step by step instructions as well as all of the tools used in the lab so that you can re build a copy of the lab environment at home

I'm curious as do the depth they go with certain things. Granted, at lot of that various on the class attendees and their interactions with the instructor. I'd like to do something indepth with sql injection based hacks. Pen-testing really isn't a regular part of my job, but thats an area that really interests me. Nothing like watching a guy create an admin account on a machine from a webpage login prompt.

I'm curious as do the depth they go with certain things. Granted, at lot of that various on the class attendees and their interactions with the instructor. I'd like to do something indepth with sql injection based hacks. Pen-testing really isn't a regular part of my job, but thats an area that really interests me. Nothing like watching a guy create an admin account on a machine from a webpage login prompt.

Yeah SQL injection and webpage based hacking is pretty cool stuff. Its amazing when you can get ROOT access to someones DB by a poorly configured webpage.