Lemon Law

ousley99

Met with the lawyer friday night and he guaranteed me a lemon law case on the '07 special... Worst case scenerio, I get a cash settlement and they buy back the bike. Other options will be a cash settlement, and they trade my '07 for an '08, or cash and I get my bike fixed and paid off!!!! Its been in the shop for over 30 days now! I'm thinking cash and '08...

the tranny was stuck in nuetral while riding on 270.. i got pissed off and kicked down on the shifter, which broke the rear set in half causing the foot peg and shifter to hit the ground again.. (the shifter fell off the first week i bought it and ive had tranny issues since then) i havnt seen my bike since sept 7th! lawyer is kahn & assc out of cleveland.

what shop has your bike?

+1 interested to know this as well.

Unfortunately Kawasaki is also the worst company to work with on warranty issues like this. The Kawi rep for central ohio is the worst dealer rep I've ever even heard of, and his higher-ups don't care. The same attitude persists throughout the service side on warranty claims as well.

Collect as much documentation about the issue as possible and develop a solid timeline of events of when what broke and what actions were taken to fix it. Good luck with everything, keep us posted.

motorsports has the bike.. i guess they finaly got the new rear set in, but dont want to touch the tranny soo...called the lawyer back, he has times and dates for all 9 times its been in the different shops.. he said not to worry about repair orders for the previous times before current bc he would supenea (cant spell) them if needed..

Kawi has had all sorts of problems with thier bikes this year. They have a major problem with the cams on thier 6s but they wont go public with it and make a recall (as of two months ago). Has something to do with the cams. I used to work at MOC and sold one of 3 that had the problem. Kawi paid for it but my customer missed out on 2 months of riding. Good luck man dealing with MOC. The service department and parts guys will do all they can for you they are good people. Don't count on the Sales dept to give you any answers.

i bought it from motorsports..ive missed more than 2 monthes of riding.. just got the paperwork in the mail from lawyer today

Good luck with them and lawsuits.. I know of 1 other person that was in a suit with them and it took around 8 months to get anything settled...

They have a new general manager who is a top notch shadeball.. He canceled written purchase price agreements that putty and I had with the previous general manager for our 1K's. We went elsewhere and they havent seen a dime of our money since.

Good luck with them and lawsuits.. I know of 1 other person that was in a suit with them and it took around 8 months to get anything settled...

They have a new general manager who is a top notch shadeball.. He canceled written purchase price agreements that putty and I had with the previous general manager for our 1K's. We went elsewhere and they havent seen a dime of our money since.

are you guys talking about Columbus Motorsports on Morse rd?

Took the words right out of my mouth flounder but shadeball is an understatment. Ousley99 are the guy that put Big Joe's Boz Bros exhaust on your 10?

I heard about your lawsuit Flounder while I was working there, they tried to keep it hush hush for a while. I didn't get any details but I know "the working man's friend" could care less, you know you're not taking MOC to court your taking the corporation Motorsports Solutions. More than likely they will spin it so Kawi has to pay for your bike in the end. Which sounds about right, I don't know much about the lemon law, but it was a brand new bike so it should be under the manufacture's liability. Which is it?

i assume lemon law is same for cars/bikes, so..if i remember correctly, the suite will be filed agains the store, as a rep. for the manufacturer, who is actually the one that will pay in the end. all the high ups at the store will be called to court and so on and so forth, it's just a huge ordeal. good luck

actually lemon law is an arbitration process against the manufacturer, not the store. it doesn't have anything at all to do with the store. my cousin just recieved a brand new ford f450 dually after arbitrtation with ford. kawaski will either send me an offer to sweep it under the rug, or take it to arbitration and risk the media getting involved. ohio lemon laws are very clear and easy to interpret. www.ohiolemonlaws.com. only thing is the outcomes aren't guarenteed. ohio law states they have to make it "right" with the consumer; which is a gray area and where the arbitrator comes into play.

motorsports is actually helping me put a case together by giving me all of my service orders because its more beneficial to them to keep me as a customer. kawasaki cant punish them for selling a lemon.