Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotland to South Africa

Casper

Not sure if I can handle another bitch fest from that fucking Scottish pussy.

True dat - watched both of the series. Ewan is a crying little bitch. Always has these deep assed thoughts about how much he misses his wife (skinny ugly cunt, I'd be glad to be away from her) and bouts with depression. Then he drops his bike and can't pick it up so he has Charlie come to the rescuse.

Boorman was the shining point of the series though - funny guy, knows how to ride and deosn't give a fuck about anything.

Ewan's wife show's up for a short while to ride with them. She sucks at riding worse than Ewan does....if that's possible.

Me and the GF have different names for all three videos

1 Long Way Around = My Eye's, my eye's

2 Race to Dakar= My Hand's, my hand's

3 Long Way Down = Oh Ev, oh ev

If you want around da world el natural get Terra Circa or Mundo Enduro. No chase vehicles, no movie stars, and no BMW's. :)

I just watched "The Long Ass Video Of Obi Wan Bitching Like A Cunt" last week. The one where he goes down on Africa is in my NetFlix ready room. Not sure if I can handle another bitch fest from that fucking Scottish pussy.

i agree he is a whiny bitch, still a good show though

I don't care how much of a whiny bitch Ewan may be; these are still damn entertaining documentaries. I don't think there's one person on this board who wouldn't love to be able to do what he did and have the resources to do it so well.

I just downloaded both of them today and am 3 episodes in to Long Way Down, and so far I'm loving it because by this point in winter I suck in every piece of bike-related media I can and live vicariously through it.

. I think they should be commended for taking these trips!

Why? How tough is it to have soimeone else get all of your travel documents for you, set up itineraries, etc. Get free bikes and free gear. Have someone else pay for it all. Have a truckload of spare parts - enough to build a complete bike - following you all over the place and then have the balls to cry and moan about it all?

I'm jealous of the trip - but not at all impressed with clowns doing it.

I just downloaded both of them today and am 3 episodes in to Long Way Down, and so far I'm loving it because by this point in winter I suck in every piece of bike-related media I can and live vicariously through it.

There is one sceen in LWR I really do like because of it's reality. Here's Ewen stuck in a marshy area of Kirkistan or Mongolia and he looks up at the camera, his face is drained, he's moments away from exhaustion, and can't catch his breath. I saw that part and thought "I've been there", I've had that look. I just didn't have to go to the other side of the world to get it. I only went to Southern Ohio.:rolleyes:

Wheather you love the films or dispise them the one truth is that if any of us were given the same oportunity of a free bike, any aid you think you might need, a staff to grease the necessary palms, a camera man to travel with you and it's all paid for by someone else.........

Would you say NO? ;) All I can say is if someone gets that chance, please, hire me as the camera man!:D

I didn't get emotionally involved in LWD or any of the subsequent adventures. It was entertainment, two guys who are NOT world travelers making a TV show about traveling the world. So, whatever they encountered as relative new adventure riders was just for me fun to watch. I didn't really judge their decisions or riding partners or consider their few complaints to be incessant whining. They rode it, and I watched it, and enjoyed all of them for what they are - a rare TV event about the kind of riding I enjoy.

I still want Claudios job so some rich person call Neal Pert and tell him he needs to do a ADV tour from Alaska to the Southern tip of Chilli and use me as the camera guy! :)

Wheather you love the films or dispise them the one truth is that if any of us were given the same oportunity of a free bike, any aid you think you might need, a staff to grease the necessary palms, a camera man to travel with you and it's all paid for by someone else.........

Would you say NO? ;)

Well, apparently nobody else here would say no either, but they'd do it while chewing a sandwich made of knives and nails and sucking down a Camelback full of battery acid. And not complaining. :rolleyes: