Dirtbikers....?

Putty

So I removed the reed block tonight to install Boyesen Pro Series reeds and it appears I either have the wrong thing or they have been modded already. The block has 4 holes and carbon fiber reeds with it. The new one has 2 holes that don't line up with the block at all and there are 3 sep pieces that came for each side.....Look it..Did they ship wrong or do I make this work..?

pks1003.jpg

pks1002.jpg

pks1001.jpg

pks1004.jpg

Since when does bikes come with stock carbon reeds...All mine were hard cheap plastic...

Looks like they sent you reeds for an older bike.I don't know what bike you have but it looks like those maybe for a smaller displacement bike.The design looks like what I have had in both my Yamahas.

Fuckers! I sent off an email telling them to get me the correct ones ASAP! The package has my mod year written on it. Another weird thing is Boyesen's website says Pro183 is what I need...Which appears to have 3 holes. They sent Pro181, with 2 holes. I have 4. The guy I bought this from never did any mods to it. Original tires, plug, sprockets.

The guy you bought it from was facking scared of it.. I will never forget him saying that you couldnt test ride it because it was just too powerful.. This coming from the schmo who watched us pull up on liter bikes.. He actually said he thought that the dirtbike pulled harder then the 1K's...Putty and I just looked at each other and laughed... If he could only see the shit we have been doing with them since we bought them..

What a good weekend that was..

Friday

Me: Hey putty check out these dirt bikes on craigslist.

Putty:Cool,, looks nice

Sat

Me: Since were out riding you want to go check out some of those dirt rides.

Putty: nothing else to do, sure.

Sun:

Me: I bought one.

Mon:

Putty: I bought one too.

Tuesday..

Both of us: FAK...

Nothing but fun since...

thems deff. the wrong reeds.. the rev bar that holds'm on is even too short.. and the ones you pulled out, there not stock,thats not a stock rev bar either.. a stock one would have fingers that come out over the reeds to only let'm open so far..

and heres a lil trick ya can do when ya get the right ones. take your old reeds and cut them down to about a quarter or less of the orig. length and put them on top of the new ones.. it kinda acts like put'n stiffer valve springs in a car in a way..keeps'm from float'n open.. plus you can play with the lenghth and it'll change when that 2 stroke hit comes in. and it'll also rev out just a tad more...

thems deff. the wrong reeds.. the rev bar that holds'm on is even too short.. and the ones you pulled out, there not stock,thats not a stock rev bar either.. a stock one would have fingers that come out over the reeds to only let'm open so far..

and heres a lil trick ya can do when ya get the right ones. take your old reeds and cut them down to about a quarter or less of the orig. length and put them on top of the new ones.. it kinda acts like put'n stiffer valve springs in a car in a way..keeps'm from float'n open.. plus you can play with the lenghth and it'll change when that 2 stroke hit comes in. and it'll also rev out just a tad more...

I got the new ones and installed them. Those were for a Rad Valve. I was told you start to lose the "hit" with the reeds open up or get worn and they remain open....bike runs best when they are closed....So for the trick you speak of......Should I cut the old ones where I have pictured and place on top of the new one, which makes the new ones harder to open when I am running it hard.....is this correct?

pks10204.jpg

I got the new ones and installed them. Those were for a Rad Valve. I was told you start to lose the "hit" with the reeds open up or get worn and they remain open....bike runs best when they are closed....So for the trick you speak of......Should I cut the old ones where I have pictured and place on top of the new one, which makes the new ones harder to open when I am running it hard.....is this correct?

pks10204.jpg

cool cool... and yup you are correct... i'd trim'm back a lil farther though..leave about 1/2 inch at most..hope it all works out for ya...

cool cool... and yup you are correct... i'd trim'm back a lil farther though..leave about 1/2 inch at most..hope it all works out for ya...

Thanks....I will be cutting away when I get up in the morn.

FACK YOU.. my engine is in pieces and I mean pieces.. i will be splitting the case this weekend to see what the hell is wrong with the tranny. Engine is sitting in my basement, All case covers are off, cylinder is off, piston is off, shift arm is out, kickstarter is out.. all i need to do now is pull a few more small things out and then split the case.. man this sucks. hopefully it will be an obvious issue once I split the case..

FFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUU... The title is dirtbikers.. not putty wants attention for his reed project.. :) yeah thats right, I jacked my plate from your trailer since you didnt take it inside like you told me you did. It was expired anyway but I will need it come spring to get another sticker.

FFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUU... The title is dirtbikers.. not putty wants attention for his reed project.. :) yeah thats right, I jacked my plate from your trailer since you didnt take it inside like you told me you did. It was expired anyway but I will need it come spring to get another sticker.

My thread....GTFO! You plate thief.!! Didn't even tell me. Fucker!