Aerostich vs Motoport

Casper

Anybody have any experience with these?

I had my mind set on an Aerostich Roadcrafter suit until I was told today people complain about how hot they are. I need something really easy to put on over dress clothes so I can start commuting to work again (only Fridays right now because I can wear jeans).

Never tried either but ive always heard great things about the stich of the aero. Hot? Well, normally the things that protect the best are hot. Thats life :dunno:

The Motoports are kevlar mesh. Supposedly they protect as well as the Aerostich, but are nice and cool.

Aerostitch definitely makes some good shit but damn it's pricey.

Check out Olympia http://www.olympiamotosports.com/home.htm good quality and quite a bit cheaper.

Why do you want a full suit? What about just getting the pants? They have zippers all the way up the sides and easily slip over your street clothes

Aerostitch definitely makes some good shit but damn it's pricey.

Check out Olympia http://www.olympiamotosports.com/home.htm good quality and quite a bit cheaper.

Why do you want a full suit? What about just getting the pants? They have zippers all the way up the sides and easily slip over your street clothes

I have several two piece suits. This will be primarily for commuting to/from work. A one piece will be a lot easier for this.

These are the ones I'm looking at:

http://www.aerostich.com/roadcrafter-one-piece-suit.html

http://www.motoport.com/_product_35442/Ultra_Trek_1-Piece_Air_Mesh_Kevlar_Suit

http://www.motoport.com/_product_35442/Ultra_Trek_Kevlar_Suit

They're not nearly as expensive as you'd think. Hell, the Aerostich is the cheaper, at only $797 plus options. The Motoport suits start at $999 plus options.

Anybody have any experience with these?

I had my mind set on an Aerostich Roadcrafter suit until I was told today people complain about how hot they are. I need something really easy to put on over dress clothes so I can start commuting to work again (only Fridays right now because I can wear jeans).

Have the Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece, it's great as for being hot don't think so as long as I am moving it's fine, remember this is a four season suit that means compromises. Will not say I do not sweat when wearing this but I do not think there is a product out there that will not make you sweat unless you like shorts flip flops and a muscle shirt when riding. If I was you, would research the heck out of it, sport touring web sites and forums, BMW forums, think they have been making this suit for twenty eight years there has got to be numerous reviews of it out there and I mean reviews by individuals and companies. Eight hundred dollars, will find out the information myself, suggest you do the same so your not disappointed!! The information is out there. Good Luck!!

I would get the Stich.

#1. It's Ohio. You're going to have more colder days that hot

I'm not sure about the mesh on the Motoport, but my legs get cold on my mesh pants.

As long as you're moving, the Stich is well vented and will keep you cool. I wore my brother's Stich in Texas when it was 106 and was fine with the vents open. It was even a little small, so I didn't get quite as much air.

Haven't done too much with Motoport but I wear Aerostitch religiously.

I wear the 'Stitch but I went with the two-piece combo, a Roadcrafter jacket and a Darien Pant. Both are great in the hot temps as long as you're moving (the Roadcrafter has side vents and the sleeves open all the way to let air rush up the arms). The Darien fits well over pants and vents well too. I've also used this set when I'm riding in 20 degrees when I combine it with a good set of thermals. The two-piece set also lets me switch out jackets when I'd like to use something else.

When I commuted 120+ miles a day to work in CA, this was my set of choice. I also use it when touring long distance. I usually switched out to a mesh jacket (kept the pants) when temps went over 95 degrees, but that was mostly because it usually was full day in that stuff and that started to affect my personal level of comfort.

Padding options are great as well. Bohn Armor makes a Roadcrafter-specific back protector that goes down the entire length of the back.

Only other thing I can think of is to ride up to Duluth, MN and get one custom fitted for you. That's what I did. ;)

Edited by the_silverfox