toshiba laptops

rick37

returned home and turned my laptop on and requested a password and none would work so did a search of the issue and here what i found,,,,,

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?ct=SB&soid=2232649&ref=EV.........

If u have a toshiba u might want to check it out.....

Just another reason to always keep your machines patched. :)

Something like that happens on IBM/Lenovo S50 desktops. But it's not an admin password, it's a user password at boot. Removing the BIOS battery or using the sysbd jumper to dump BIOS settings has worked for those. Then update the BIOS.

Use another pc and download "sysinternals" read the readme.txt file, patch PC move on with life.

:confused:^^^ huh?

Sysinternals http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx is a part of Microsoft and has a bunch of utilities that will aid in troubleshooting, among them the Process Explorer, Process Monitor, and the PSTools suite of command-line fun.

Are you suggesting anything in particular?

As Tom said, 86'ing the CMOS battery should fix it.

Edited by jblosser
quote link added

I am a tard,, I read the post and I am like a deer in the head lights...

Please explain how to solve this issue,,,,,,,,,I know some about computers but apparently not enough.......

What model Toshiba? Uncle Google can provide a how-to on pulling the CMOS battery.

Some (dis) assembly required.