Cycle Search

FormulaMatt

I worked with Mike this past weekend at Cycle Search this weekend and they are great. I needed a rear adjuster for my CBR and he hooked me up. Price was great. They have TONS and TONS of parts out there and the way he knew where everything was - WOW. I also asked about a rear brake pedal and he knew exactly where it was also. In a bin in a complete different building filled with other parts also. Amazing.

Thanks guys! :D

• 2 months later...

I just got off the phone with Mike as well, and he was absolutely great to work with. Customer service seems harder to find nowadays, and these guys still have it. In addition to simple solid customer interaction on the phone, I found that he even keeps up with his target audience online and we had a quick chat about various OR e-drama and assorted thread hilarity. It's good to see guys take an active role in making their business work.

I needed a left clip-on for my track bike, and I needed it soon. Not only did they have it, but he's got it in a box and out the door before close of business today, and I'll have it tomorrow. These guys are all over it.

So far I've dealt with Justin and Mike and they're both top notch guys, so I'm 2 for 2 on dealing with great people at Cycle Search. Keep it up fellas, and thanks again.

I must be the exception, because I had a bad experience with them. I forgot the name of the guy I talked to there, but he made it clear he did not want my business. Maybe I will give them another try down the road.

I must be the exception, because I had a bad experience with them. I forgot the name of the guy I talked to there, but he made it clear he did not want my business. Maybe I will give them another try down the road.

Did you ask him what the "out the door" price was?

Did you ask him what the "out the door" price was?

No, actually I asked if a bike I was looking to buy could be started so I could hear the thing run, and I was told no. When I asked why, I was told "there was no battery in it and that the batteries where all kept in a storage room" So I asked if he could go get a battery because I would like to know it runs before I buy it. The guy got a nasty look on his face and then started it right up, because the battery was in it. Then when I asked to look at another bike I had seen on line he said "You don't want it" I said I still wanted to look at it and then he said "It is not for sale anymore". Then when I wanted to talk price he told me he would have to go get someone else. He left to another building, came back 15 min later and stated the price and added non negotiable. By that point I thanked him and left. In the end I found a better deal in the Dayton area, but the whole thing just left me with a really bad impression.

No, actually I asked if a bike I was looking to buy could be started so I could hear the thing run, and I was told no. When I asked why, I was told "there was no battery in it and that the batteries where all kept in a storage room" So I asked if he could go get a battery because I would like to know it runs before I buy it. The guy got a nasty look on his face and then started it right up, because the battery was in it. Then when I asked to look at another bike I had seen on line he said "You don't want it" I said I still wanted to look at it and then he said "It is not for sale anymore". Then when I wanted to talk price he told me he would have to go get someone else. He left to another building, came back 15 min later and stated the price and added non negotiable. By that point I thanked him and left. In the end I found a better deal in the Dayton area, but the whole thing just left me with a really bad impression.

Can I ask when you came in to check out the bike? I have been out since April 7th and have missed out on a few things. We do typically take the batteries out of bikes to keep them in a storage room during the winter. Lately the service department has been leaving them in more and more now, because bikes are moving faster and we are in a heated and cooled building as well. So sometimes there will be a battery in a bike that we are not aware of. When there not in the bike, or even when they are, we try not to start them anymore than absolutely necessary because they need to be ran until warm every time the bikes are started taking up to 10 minutes.

That aside, when someone is quoting a price, there is no need to throw the non negotiable comment. I do apologize for your bad experience and if you need anything in the future, I would appreciate the opportunity to give you the customer experience you deserve from Cycle Search International. Please PM me if you have any more information about when you came in and who you spoke with so I can ensure that we do not have this problem again. I take great pride in taking care of our customers and will not allow for one of my staff to hinder that.