Going to MSP this Thursday

twincharge7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe help me get a little more power ......out of a 600 .....I put the whoop ass on a certin candy cane zx-10:lol::lol:Come on thats funny I have it on a vid to.Just don't no how to post it ....blah blah blah blah I'm going to keep for ever ...just in case born sinner wants to see it again!!!:lol::lol:

yes your right having the thing tuned right now is probably the worst thing he could do.I'm so glad you are on here to set everyone straight.

Whats your deal? I wasn't criticizing him for having it tuned today I was saying that it sucks that the temp dropped.

Thanks for your un-needed comment though..

The deal is your negative comments bother me.Your post doesn't say anything about tempature drops,only that it sucks he is tuning in cold temps. He is still planing on riding the bike more this year. It was not a good idea to continue riding the bike with the number of modifications he has made.

Thanks for your un-needed response though...

The deal is your negative comments bother me.Your post doesn't say anything about tempature drops,only that it sucks he is tuning in cold temps. He is still planing on riding the bike more this year. It was not a good idea to continue riding the bike with the number of modifications he has made.

Thanks for your un-needed response though...

Since you like my un-needed responses, heres another for you.

You stated you disliked my negative comments but I fail to see how you have the ability to tell "tone" through a typed response. Maybe you should have just asked if I was trying to be a smartass or just ask me to clarify my statement. Everyone on here knows that I have no problem telling someone if I think something is stupid, and in this situation I said nothing of the sort. Could I have written it differently to tailor to how you would have read it, maybe.. was it necessary, I dont think so.

When someone speaks of getting a custom map, I would assume that they know the results of tuning a bike during different weather conditions and how the dyno will read. I was stating that it sucks to have the temp as it is during his tune, as I assume he would agree as the bike will run differently as the weather warms up and humidity increases. (thus the reason for wideband fuel management with O2 sensors that adjust your fuel/air based on current weather situations.) Will it make a substantial difference, definatley not for street riding.

I only stated something that Im sure he already knew and would feel the same way about..

The true results of a dyno tune is not going to be your max hp numbers, its going to be the results of the before run compared to the after run. You cant compar dyno readings for different bikes, on different days or on different dynos. (Why you ask.. because all dynos read different and WEATHER has an effect of your outcome)

If you dont believe me, read up on it yourself, but hopefully Im not stating something that you dont already know because I will give you the benefit of the doubt unlike you.

:loveturkey: Stevan is a smart guy so I am sure he will get it tuned again in in the spring/summer. I dont think most people have stevans budget and have to get the most out of thier $$$ so having it tuned with the same weather conditions as they normally ride is best for them.

This post is not to take sides in your quarrel but to help some of the newer people understand

I agree that he is a smart guy and will surely do whatever it takes to have it running tip top. also like I said, it wont make all that much of a difference for the average street rider. Joe at MSP will set him up well. There were 3 of us out there on St Patties day last year.. That was a good day.

I still wont forget what a 1/4 stick of dynamite does to a large cooler.. hahahahaha. Pedro, Putty, JonnyMac, and Bannas will remember that one.

I dont think most people have stevans budget

Does this mean he's loaded?

I still wont forget what a 1/4 stick of dynamite does to a large cooler.. hahahahaha. Pedro, Putty, JonnyMac, and Bannas will remember that one.

LOL! Hell, we were at Joe's getting our bikes done and it was as cold, if not colder.

Joe at MSP will set him up well. There were 3 of us out there on St Patties day last year.. That was a good day.

Agreed, Joe is a good guy. It was freezing that day but it was a good time.

I had that video saved on my phone of the cooler getting blown up but I forgot to upload it so it's gone now. :( Lol, you were the only one brave enough to run out and light the stick...

Agreed, Joe is a good guy. It was freezing that day but it was a good time.

I had that video saved on my phone of the cooler getting blown up but I forgot to upload it so it's gone now. :( Lol, you were the only one brave enough to run out and light the stick...

I have no idea what your talking about in regards to lighting that thing. :postcop::mad:

I guess he has enough money to take good care of his very nice bike.

:supergay::penis::thefinger:

well...I can only say that I wisely spend my money. At least, I don't have to argue with my significant other (or lack of) where I have to sleep, who pay the bills, who keep the furnitures, etc.

:lol:

ps: I'm hoping no one would treat me differently based on with what I have or what I ride. In the past, I had to cut some of my friendships off due to that. Money changes everything but of course, I'm guilty of that as well.

The trip from home to MSP was HORRIBLE because I got lost 4X in the midst of raining, cold, people starring at me, and snow flakes. Y? I used f-ing google maps and I used the back road from 161. Few asked me why I had to go today due to the weather. I usually stick with my plan/agenda no matter what...eventhough I sometimes, late (my friends can testify on that)

When I got there, I was already frustrated due to 1.5 hr to take me there, which can be done for 45 minutes. Before the dyno, I had to do a little surgery on the bike which I wouldn't explain (too long). Then, the O2 sensor pump on the dyno machine didn't correctly function so Josh had to do repair/replace the pump due to alcohol running bike that Joe had to do on the day before. On top of that, his printer stopped running or broke and all of those things added to my stress level.

During my discussion with Joe, I'm expecting a quite large tq/hp increase above normal based on my research, calculations, the type of my experiment on this level, and discussion with R1 forum. While being tuned, I found out that A/F was pretty lean on all rpm ranges that pists me off even more. It's a good thing that the engine never predetonates with the existing PCIII custom map, especially how hard I ride it during suspension experiments in the past. Then, I reached the top level of my anger when I still see the f-ing dip on the graph especially on 6500-7500rpm. The only f-ing reason that I want it dynoed is to fix that dip. The dip does me crazy especially when the bike coming out of a corner on its 7K rpm, it's like a turbo lag. (When it reaches 9K rpm, I had to hold on to my dear life. Several times I almost lost my grip coming out from a corner during suspension testings). Don't get me wrong, Joe tried very hard to lessen the curve and he ran my bike 6-7 times on the dyno to try different things. I think he could see how upset I was. However, the final dyno pulled quite nice numbers from all rpm ranges. Glad I took my time to do a research, calculate, and listen to experts. I guess all of those hard work in 3 weeks period really paid off.

Now, going back home was a different story. While pulling out from MSP, it was raining and snow flakes mixed. To top it off, the traffic on 70 and 270 drove me crazy. However, it brought a smile on my face everytime, I felt how quick the bike-throttle responds. Yes, I was stupid enough to run it to 80-90mph in that horrible weather, but what dya expect how one ride his/her bike after dyno tuned? U don't see a little kid coming out from a candy store walking slowly with his head down. Another thing, ahhhhh...I gotta admit Galfer does a super-job on their brakes especially the initial bite even on supercold weather.

ps: if someone replies my comment w/ "take that shit to the track", my comment to that: I gotta go home cuz Dane Cook show in campus! BTW, it's a great show!!!!

:supergay::penis::thefinger:

well...I can only say that I wisely spend my money. At least, I don't have to argue with my significant other (or lack of) where I have to sleep, who pay the bills, who keep the furnitures, etc.

:lol:

ps: I'm hoping no one would treat me differently based on with what I have or what I ride. In the past, I had to cut some of my friendships off due to that. Money changes everything but of course, I'm guilty of that as well.

you should read all of the posts before you make comments. I guess it was late when you posted and all of the excitement with Dane Cook could get to anybody.