Found a cool road in Guernsey Co today...

SWing'R

So I'm in Cambridge today working, head back to Columbus on 70W, the road was closed due to an accident (I saw this earlier when going the other way) so knowing about it I cut up 22/40 off 70 to go around it, accident was just West of 83 on 70W, well they were directing all traffic off at 83, come to find out 22/40 was completey buggered up cause of it too, so I make a uturn and pull off in a parking lot, crack open the MS Streets & Trips and come up with an alt route taking some dinky backwoods roads South towards what looks like an alt route into Zanesville around the mess.

After getting lost :p I end up on CR15/Claysville Rd, turns out to be a pretty fun road! Make it to Rt 313 and head West towards 146 which should take me to Zanesville.

Oh my god, Rt 313 was a fricken blast! I'm hittin these hills and turns in a Dodge Cargo Caravan in 2nd just have a blast! Lots of elevation changes on 313! I damn near lost it twice when my back end went off the road on a couple turns! That would have been fun to explain to my boss.

Anyway, Rt 313 AND 146 were great. 313 isn't in the best of shape though for a very fast ride but I definitely think I'll come back out this way on the bike later!

Edited by SWing'R

So I'm in Cambridge today working' date=' head back to Columbus on 70W, the road was closed due to an accident (I saw this earlier when going the other way) so knowing about it I cut up 22/40 off 70 to go around it, accident was just West of 83 on 70W, well they were directing all traffic off at 83, come to find out 22/40 was completey buggered up cause of it too, so I make a uturn and pull off in a parking lot, crack open the MS Streets & Trips and come up with an alt route taking some dinky backwoods roads South towards what looks like an alt route into Zanesville around the mess.

After getting lost :p I end up on CR15/Claysville Rd, turns out to be a pretty fun road! Make it to Rt 313 and head West towards 146 which should take me to Zanesville.

Oh my god, Rt 313 was a fricken blast! I'm hittin these hills and turns in a Dodge Cargo Caravan in 2nd just have a blast! Lots of elevation changes on 313! I damn near lost it twice when my back end went off the road on a couple turns! That would have been fun to explain to my boss.

Anyway, Rt 313 AND 146 were great. 313 isn't in the best of shape though for a very fast ride but I definitely think I'll come back out this way on the bike later![/quote']

wow I haven't been up that way in a long time but ya some really nice area's to ride. I used to date a girl that lived up that way. she lived all the way up in londonderry.

Edited by turboglock

did you see any cows?

Actually saw lots of cows! No really, I did :moo: it was some nice country out there. We're gonna have to plan a ride out

that way. Rt 313 goes all the way over to some lake (Senacaville Lake), I know you like ridin by water.

wow I haven't been up that way in a long time but ya some really nice area's to ride. I used to date a girl that lived up that way. she lived all the way up in londonderry.

Hmm... I dated a girl a long time ago who also lived in Londonderry. It's a small enough podunk town that they probably knew each other. lol.

Hmm... I dated a girl a long time ago who also lived in Londonderry. It's a small enough podunk town that they probably knew each other. lol.

Or, it could be the same girl! So give it up, what was the name? :p

Okay' date=' darn, no awkward moment now. I bet the two of them know each other though! :p[/quote']especially since you two couldn't satisfy them, they prolly went gay and "know" each other really well...:D

313 is a scenic road, not in great shape but a good ride.

Yeah the section I ran on in the van was "fun" but definetly nothing to hit hard on the bike but I think it will still be a fun ride at a civilized pace. There was lots of gravel and the road edges were falling apart in lots of places but I'm hoping to run it maybe Sunday from West end to East end, just gotta figure out a route to loop back on.

146 east out of Zanesville, 313 east to 83, 83 north toowards coshocton, 541 west to 79, 79 south, split off in Newark, or cut down on dayton rd to 16 and then 668/brownsville rd south past I70 to 204, 204 east to 22, and back to Zanesville.

road most of this route the other day. very fun roads, should be between 2-3 hours defending on pace and stops.

This is my initial thought for a Rt 313 loop...

- From Zanesville take 146 East to 313

- Take 313 all the way to its end at 147 around Senecaville Lake

- 147 W to Sarahsville

- 215 W from Sarahsville to Belle Valley past Wolf Run State Park

- 340 W from Belle Valley to Cumberland and pickup 146 W back to the start

route_313_loop.gif

I have some roads from New Concord all the way to Mansfield, well Mt Vernon that would be amazing. Actually 83 from New Concord North all the way to Wooster is amazing and paving is pretty solid.

If you keep taking 146 and then go right onto 188 or 546 I forget, I just know the route by seeing the roads, and then take the other into Mt Vernon, you ll get some awesome turns and hills too.

Love that area! Guernsey and Noble have great roads down there. Like you said though, dont go tear assin through there, alot of gravel and beat up roads, not to mention farming equipment. I about caught a tractor in the rear and had to lock it up down near sarahsville.

Like you said though, dont go tear assin through there, alot of gravel and beat up roads, not to mention farming equipment.

Yeah, I'm planning on a moderate pace, just a fun scenic ride, not a heart pumping thrill ride :p, besides its still pretty early in the season for a "fast" ride.