hi

goal12

Hey, I'm a second year rider on zx6r that has 570 miles of pure fun on it. it needs to be taken in for the 600 mile check-up. any suggestions on a good mechanic that won't charge an arm and a leg for something that is pretty much an oil change?

thanks

Haha sry, this is my second bike (rode the 250 for 3k miles last year). ASK powersports says that is is $220 ish to do their 600 mile first service as per the manual

I would pay that gladly if they actually did any work on it... i think they just check off boxes and then let it sit for 3 hours.

remove drain bolt......remove oil filter.......let oil drain........reinstall bolt and new filter with oil around the seal......fill to factory specs......it's that easy dont be scared and dont pay anybody.......and welcome!

what does the maintenance schedule say actually needs to be done at 600 miles?

coolant flush and oil change? maybe check the chain tension lube some cables?

I'm betting half this board will help you do any of those things so long as you bring beer...

There are plenty of people on here that would help you do it for the cost of a case of beer and/or pizza as well as the price of the oil and filter. Expect about $30 for oil/filter if you buy it and do it yourself. There is nothing special about the 600 mile service. All they really do is change your oil and filter and if your lucky, check you chain and thats about it. Very very simple to do or for one of us to help you.

Thanks for advice. Where do I ask for help? I don't see a "I'm a big newb and don't know how to do basic maintenance" section

others have started a new thread with a title like, "free beer and pizza for you" then in the thread you add the stipulation "if you come over and show me how to change my oil"