Fs 1990 vx800 - $800

Ryan_c_F

one dollar per CC lolz

Sup guys.

Trying to get rid of my bike to upgrade, and I'm gonna give OR a 20% discount over craigslist.

Essentially, you can think of the VX800 as a bigger SV650, with the engine from the intruders. It's got 13000 miles on it.

This bike has been my baby for two years now, and it's getting the point where it'd not benefit me as a rider any further to keep it around. I need something for the freeways, and this is definitely more of a back-country sweeper-eater and an excellent commuter.

Needs a head gasket (probably) and a shock/springs replacement (I have the shocks NIB from Progressive). New clutch basket, newer tires, several replacement parts and extras like stators, stock mirrors and turn signals, etc.

Starter, electrics, brakes, clutch, choke, petcock, etc, are all in perfect shape, as is the final drive, driveshaft, gears, and the seat. All the maintenance was done by Rider's Choice in South Euclid.

The bike sits in Willoughby, and you can PM or call me with offers or questions.

Thanks!

440 227 5314

"Needs head gasket probably"... care to enlighten?

Probably:

Rear flooded out repeatedly, and originally thought it was a stuck needle or something.

Had it torn down to the individual carb components... everything seems cool with those.

Some oil leakage from around where the head joins to the engine case. White steam/smoke from that cylinder's exhaust. Engine's not bound up or seized so I'm not thinking it's a cylinder cracked or a piston bound up... and with only 13000 miles I'd be HIGHLY surprised if it were a major structural component broken. Never noticed any grinding/evil noises... never found any pieces/shavings in the oil (and we had it drained out since the flooding started).

Radiator sealent fixed the problem temporarily, for a ride of 10 or so miles. Therefore, I'm thinking it's the gasket and not something more serious.

So' date=' it does run. Does it overheat?[/quote']

No, no overheating problems at all. Stayed cool as a cucumber.

Just flooding out.

Of course, I wasn't riding hard enough to exacerbate the problem... ;) That 10-mile ride was bringing it from my apt. in Mayfield to my dad's garage in Willoughby, where it sits now.

I wish I could fill you guys in for sure on this. :o Engine internals aren't really my thing.

Man thanks for the pics and the memories. I had the exact same model except in burgundy. I really did love that bike. Only bike I ever bought new. It was a standard and it thumped along with good torque.

:D My extreme pleasure...

It really is a great starter bike. Saved my keister a few times when I should have been shat out onto the curb, lol. :popcorn:

No. Not really big enough for me. I was all about it until I sat on it. I'm afraid I'd break it. LoLoL..

Neat little bike' date=' though. Could be a nice little commuter for someone looking to save on gas this summer.[/quote']

rofl, after seeing me I figured you'd rethink that line of thought.