Ebay bidding war

hollywood3586

I love using Phantombidder Phantombidder.com

You place your highest bid, set the timer when the bid has to be placed,I usually use 3 seconds to end, then I walk away. The difference from regular bidding on e-bay is that your identity is concealed (phantombidder) until the end and other bidders aren't aware that you're interested until is too late to rebid.

Give it a try. Cool app.

I'm looking at a Brit website, and the ones they sell are a hugger without chain guard for 99-02, and WITH chain guard for 03 and up. More confusion.

Edit: Disregard this miami part, it's wrong, for a sv650, see post below

But I found a 2003 silver sv650s hugger on a Miami website for $55.00 new.

That would mean it's made in China, but what isn't nowadays.

Scary is, they show 2003 as different from all the others. Dunno.

I have not bought anything from them, Miami sales make me nervous, but 55 bucks isn't much.

Tell the boyfriend I screwed up...

edit: is there a difference between sv650 and sv650s for the 2003 rear hugger?

Answer: Yes, see next post...

Edited by ReconRat

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71600

-The 2003 SV650 "S" has a specific rear swingarm and only rear huggers made for the 2003 year and "S" model will fit.

-2003 SV650 "naked" and "S" model huggers are not interchangeable.

-2004-2008 year SV650 "S" huggers will not fit on a 2003.

-The only ones that I know fit for sure are the original factory ones listed on the Oneida Suzuki site which lists the 2003 "S" and it has its own part number and is different from all other years.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/

COLOR MATCHED HUGGER 2003-09 SV650/S SV1000S

Selected options:

MODEL: SV650-SILVER-2003--990D0-17G85-YD8 $195.99 plus shipping :eek:

Here's that part number on eBay Oneida Suzuki for 2003 sv650s

or this one, same place has another

both are silver for $139.95 each

Edited by ReconRat

I'm guessing she did, from the bid record.

But I'm also guessing it might take some work to make it fit, or not fit.

2003 sv650s was different than any other model or year.

Which means it will fit yours, since this one was a 2002 sv650s. :D

How so? If you put in $50 the first time but you're really willing to pay $100, how will entering a second higher bid have any affect?

Because it means she's bidding over her max. If she bids her max, then goes back and buds later, it means she's going over her max.

Almost everything on eBay can be found and purchased cheaper, somewhere else on the internet, if you search deeply.

Very true. afew years ago, Ebay used to rock and you could find stuff cheap. As usual, greed on Ebay's and people selling have corrupted it into a an almost worthless site.

Ebay is rarely used by the average person anymore. It is all people selling stuff at jacked up prices or selling cheap Chinese junk that is worthless.

Ebay still has it's uses for used items, but Amazon will have anything new cheaper 99% of the time.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71600

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/

COLOR MATCHED HUGGER 2003-09 SV650/S SV1000S

Selected options:

MODEL: SV650-SILVER-2003--990D0-17G85-YD8 $195.99 plus shipping :eek:

Here's that part number on eBay Oneida Suzuki for 2003 sv650s

or this one, same place has another

both are silver for $139.95 each

And that's the facts!

There is also a Puig. One of these days I'm going to get one- http://www.compacc.com/p/Puig-Tire-Huggers-Suzuki/1309007/0

I looked at the Puig website, but did not see one for 2003 sv650s. Puig is a good choice.

They say they have one on the link. Anything like this I prefer to call and make sure. If they are different they will have a different part #. So just ask if the #'s are different. My chin fairing has been great. Ordered that through NE from Portugal (Puig) and the hugger would be a good match on my bike. I guess it all depends on what you want there's many other huggers out there. The Ebay (Pit-Eck) one I have had for the last 3 years (20k+ miles) and has been good. Held up fine, still holding up. The color match I got was for an 05 so I had to repaint it and the seller refunded me $20-$30, can't remember. Shouldn't be an issue with silver I would think. The one Ebay 03 hugger I did have my hands on was specific 03 1k and the silver matched just fine and mounted without any issue. They do help things stay cleaner. But also take some abuse. I ride some rough roads sometimes and it has some stress cracks and rock chips. I expect it though.

I've read on the Brit forums that they have trouble finding sv650s Puig in England, and just order them straight from Spain/Portugal/wherever. Sometimes manufacturers cease production for a while or even forever, if the sales don't justify the production. Even so, those parts can be found for years. Except the Sato cans for the 919. They decided to stop making them. Pretty much all gone, dang it... Yoshis are ok though.

The pit-eck is the one in Miami for 55 bucks.